My iPod touch runs slow as hell!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Hunid Racks, Mar 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hunid Racks

Hunid Racks New Member

My youtube app somtimes takes up to 20 seconds to respond to my actions, the Safari browser sometimes lags to my commands as well. These are not internet related issues. This is imple stuff like, if I get a list of video on my touch, I tap on the clip and 10 seconds later it finally highlights it and then begins to load. So it's not slow internet it's just the iPod itself not responding to my actions fast enough. Last night I was watching a video and I tapped go back, to go back to the listings and the video just froze, and it wouldn't do anything, so I pressed the Home button, nothing... Finally 30-40 seconds later the thing goes to my home screen. I tried to put it to sleep and it also lagged a good 5-10 seconds in doing that. Then it awoke and was fine. WTF??? I updated to 1.1.4 and the Safari seems to be better but the Youtube app is still horrible. What's going on? I read somewhere someone said that if you got too much stuff on your iPod it'll do that, but isn't that what th 16GB is for?? I mean cmon! Should I try restoring it?
  2. hockeycraze12000

hockeycraze12000 New Member

Try installing SysInfo from Installer and checking if there are too many processes running.
    Try holding the home button for a couple of seconds.
    If its still slow, try restoring it "NOT updating it", and see if that makes a difference.
    If it doesnt, contact Apple and ask for a replacement, it might be an internal hardware problem.

300th post. YAY!
  3. Hunid Racks

Hunid Racks New Member

My iPod is not jailbroken whatsoever. So this is not a 'too many apps running' kind of problem.
  4. hockeycraze12000

hockeycraze12000 New Member

Oh. Then try restoring it and see if that helps. If it doesnt, then contact Apple. They'll probably replace or fix it.
  5. Developer

Developer New Member

it doesnt matter if its not jailbroken- if you dont hold down the home button for at least 5-7 seconds when closing an app its still running- but running as a background process try holding down the home button for 5 seconds when closing an app and not just tapping it for 1 second
  6. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Multitasking

If you have multitasking on your ipod (4g, 3g and some 2g?) then when you double tap the home button the multitasking bar pops up. Hold your finger on one of the apps (like you would be moving it on the home screen. A small red minus sign shows up in the corner clicking on this closes multitasked apps. This might be what is slowing yours down. (sadly it isn't what is slowing mine down)
  7. tw23

tw23 Community Development Staff Member

DUDE they didn't have multitasking in '08. (well they did, i guess, with a cydia application.
    but they didnt have native multitasking)

thats why they were talkin about INSTALLER.
  8. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

*Looks at the dates and then the recent post*

:facepalm:
  9. AKPO

AKPO New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    What generation and OS is it running? If it's a 2G running 4.0+ it will be slow.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.