My iPod Touch keeps TRYING to turn off...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gigorga, Jun 16, 2009.

1. gigorga

gigorga New Member

Two days ago I was about to take a shower and the toilet was open I went to put my iPod Touch on the sink counter and it managed to slip and fall into the toilet. I picked it up extremely quick from the bottom of the toilet first my screen was working fine I started drying it with a towel then as I saw the screen start dimming and going crazy then it just turned white. After my fit I just came to my computer I read a bunch of help for wet iTouch's I found out that to fix the white screen you hold the home button for 10 seconds. After that the screen worked I thought I fixed it but the touch screen stopped responding every time I locked or just every 10 seconds. So I just let it dry on the ground charging upside down so that the water comes out and then in the morning the touch screen started working just fine but it kept trying to turn off going to the "Slide to turn off" and cancel at the bottom and it kept doing that every time I lock or unlock and get to my home page or start typing on safari and sometimes even randomly. So I called Apple for support and the guy was no help what's so ever but I found out they do a water test to see if your ipod Touch has made contact with Water and if so it voids your warranty. So I found out that if you leave your iTouch in a zip lock bag with no air with some silica gel that it absorbs the humidity from whatever is inside the bag same works with rice but, I recently found out that there is a paper that once contacted by water the paper changes color to pinkish red. I also heard that rubbing the paper in the earphone jack with a Q-Tip and Rubbing Alcohol should change the color back to white if not bleach as well does the trick. Anyways I've restored it and they are sending a box to see my ipod touch what can I do to fix the ear phone jack plus I left it in a Zip lock bag with a bunch of rice and silica gels that I found from shoe boxes. Please help me I just bought this like 3 months ago not new refurbished but Apple doesn't know and I thought I could say to Apple I got it from Ebay and that the previous owner didn't tell me it had made contact with water. Please help me as fast as you can,

Alan.
  2. iamkewl

iamkewl Banned

Nope. I'm not going to try and read that.

Use paragraphs!
  3. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It's a good that you used proper grammar, but without having some spacing in between that will make many, many people avoid reading it. Me included.
  4. DaTouchkee

DaTouchkee New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Alan, it sounds to me like you are sh*t out of luck my friend, Apple does not care if you got ripped off by someone on ebay. And putting bleach in your ipod is never a good idea, neither is getting it drunk. Best of luck.

Hint: Next time just leave your high end electronic gadgets as FAR AWAY from water as possible.
  5. gigorga

gigorga New Member

I'm pretty sure I didn't ask for some guy to just spam in my thread. And thank you other person that actually answered not just spam. It was late at night and I was tired and in a hurry to sleep.

The problem is that everytime I type or unlock it just tries to turn off it says "slide to power off" and keeps doing that if no one knows how to fix it f*** it, I'll sell it on craigslist.