My ipod touch keeps shutting down

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iTouchy, Jul 8, 2010.

1. iTouchy

iTouchy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Recently i upgraded to 4.0 and realised there was no jailbreak so i downgraded back to 3.1.2 and a bought a new case for my ipod touch. I jailbroke it and whenever i close the case it shuts down and then takes forever to start back up and i have to close it very carefully to prevent it from shutting down. The case is a verical opening leather case which closes with magnets placed on either side of the home button and maybe that could be the problem.

Thank you
  2. rrroach

rrroach Well-Known Member

It's the case that's making the iPod shut down? Are you sure? Does the problem persist without the case?
  3. iTouchy

iTouchy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No rrroach21 but if you take it out of the case it is fine but only when you close it dies.
  4. rrroach

That's very strange. Well, keep it out of the case, then. I'm not sure about the magnets.. I know that they dont play well with screens, but ive never known a device to recognize that magnets are near, and then to shut itself off.
  5. iTouchy

iTouchy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks for the advice and do you think a restore or update to 3.1.3 may be helpful and i also forgot to mention that it occasionally shuts itself down.
  6. rrroach

Definitely might help. First, reset your settings on your iPod. Maybe it's set on some sort of timer to automatically turn off after a certain period of time. Is your iPod very old?
  7. iTouchy

iTouchy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No its an mc version and i will definately try it.

Thank you rrroach21
  8. AssassinXCV

AssassinXCV Banned

dude that happened to my brother.. sort of.. he had a belt case for his phone and he has buttons under the screen (a flip phone talking about when it's closed) and every time he'd get a call and he'd open the magnet-kept-closed- latch, it would always hang up the call.... LOL