MY IPOD TOUCH IS JUST D E A D, tried everything..

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by paulie55, Jan 13, 2010.

1. paulie55

paulie55 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ok, so i am really really frustrated right now..
    i jailbreaked my ipod touch about six months ago with 2.2.1 firmware using cywood jailbreak helper.. i was using it and everything was ok, only when it bricked or freezed during listnenig, all i needed was to connect it to computer and put into dfu mode, and then repeat last steps in cywood helper. i was doing it everytime, first months it was ok, then i was trying to get to dfu for few minutes, then for half an hour and then even for hour. but last month, it freezed again and then turned off, i guess.. NOW i tried EVERYTHING, i was trying to put it in dfu for hours, tried every stopwatches, every tutorial videos, every dfuhelpers, EVERYTHING, its not going to dfu mode.

so the display is all black, ipod is dead. when i plug it in computer, it says usb device not recognized and thats all. itunes nothing. so i try the 10 sec trick (i tried all of them that i found) and nothing. just nothing.
    i am really sad, i dont know what to do, please, pleaaase help me..

itried all of my usb ports, reinstalled itunes, restared computer. all buttons seems ok, all of them were working when it bricked last time. i let it in the usb for hours, so it cant be battery.
    i tried it also on my sisters notebook, which has Vista, same
    there..

whats the f.. problem?!?! everybody says that there is no way of not going into dfu, but MY IPOD JUST CANT..

the other problem is i cant take it to official apple, bacause i bought it little bit used from uk and i dont have papers for it..

again, PLEASE help me..
    and please dont tell me that i didnt count to 10 properly, because i tried it nearly gazilion times..

ipod touch, 2g, 32gb, 2.2.1, jailbreaked
    OS windows XP Home, 2002 version, ServicePack2
    intel core 2 quad @ 2.4 ghz, 3.25 RAM
  2. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    maybe it had a heart attack? To much usage? maybe the game you were playing killed it. what game were you playing?
  3. jmanprousk

jmanprousk New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hold down the home button while you plug in the USB until you get the message popup in iTunes

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. paulie55

paulie55 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    didnt work

i was holding it for about 5 minutes, and tried it 10 times..
    i dont know what to do.. i want my ipod back, i feel so incomplete without it

5. tckrockz

tckrockz Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Correct me if i am wrong but taking it back to apple isnt illegal or something right since you dont have the papers they will charge you for the repair and i think its a pretty good way out considering you cant get it to do anything as well

6. Mkhcb

Mkhcb Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    May I suggest

a: plugging it in another computer (with a different os- I know it suppose to work on ur os considering how it use to, but trust me)

b: if in windows, go to device manager and rollback all drvers and eventually reistall all driver via manager.

C: seeing how it's already jb, see if a jb software like blackrain can wake it up (even if ur own jb software could not, other jb software injection code my help out the situation.

D : check your battery and make sure it has a charge

e: worst comes to worst, it might be best to pay repairment fees then to have a bricked device.
  7. paulie55

paulie55 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hmm.. ok maybe you dont need papers, but they will repair it, even if it was jailbreaked? they will find out that it is, wont they? and if they find out then jailbreaking is kind of illegal isnt it? or am i wrong? i have never been to apple repair, i have no experience with this..

a: i tried it on vista, what other os do you recommend? linux, os x?

b: in DM it is shown as UNKNOWN DEVICE. i unnistalled it, no effect, it appeared there again when i plug ipod.

c: hmm.. but all of the other jb software are counting on normal ipod, i mean turned on and working, arent they?
    i looked at the blackrain - i found only for firmware 3.. bud i have 2.2.1..

d: you mean check it like open ipod? because it is just black screen, no reaction, so i cant see if the battery is charged..

e: see top of reply
  8. iRip93

iRip93 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    First hold sleep and home button for at least 15 seconds. After this it should up completely off.

Than hold sleep and home for 12 seconds nand release the sleep button. After ~10 seconds it should be in DFU!
  9. tckrockz

tckrockz Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    maybe try os x?
  10. paulie55

paulie55 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    tried five times, no effect, still dead