My iPod Touch is completely frozen!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by beedoo, Jan 24, 2008.

1. beedoo

beedoo New Member

As I was browsing youtube and learning about all these cool appliacations also instaling almost everything I get my hands on. There was this clip that gives you a website to have more sources. The clip simply gives you a list of sources you add them to your "instaler" and I went to the site and added like all 5 of the list. After refreshing the sources most of the new addresses were titles as "unknown" and I checked the packages to see what were the new stuff and I notices there was nothing that concerns me so I went back to the sources and DELETED the " unknown" sourses and from that second MY iPod went CRAZY!!! .. check out the side effects:
    1. my theme got replaced with an ugly globe picture as my wallpaper.
    2. All icons are dead.
    3. the brightness is extremly low
    4. NOTHING works.
    5. when I get lucky and it clicks on one of the icons .. it freezes immediatly ( wen that happened I realised all data was lost (videos,music,photos,contacts, everything)

After freaking out and feeling like I want to kick that guy's ass on youtube I restarted my ipod couple of times and searched for solutions (thats how I ended up on the website) and I even tried the FORCE RESTORE.. I did it .. when I click on RESTORE on iTunes it forces me to update to 1.1.3 and I accepted because I have no choice ... but everytime I try to download the update, it freezes! and it says "my connection has timed out"

I'm extremly lost and confused and I am depiratly looking for a solution. bytheway the website is (http://www.installerapps.com/2007/11/13/list-of-other-installerapp-sources/)
  2. toehead

toehead New Member

You should download an ealier firmware version (1.1.1) and restore to that.
  3. beedoo

beedoo New Member

Can you please tell me how ?
  4. Daedalus

Daedalus New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
  5. mafds817_ipod

mafds817_ipod New Member

i have a similar problem. except you know when you install something after you exit installer you know the little spinny wheel in the middle of the screen? well, i guess i downloaded a bad app or something, and my ipod just kept that spinny wheel going. it stops for about 3 seconds every 10 seconds and you have no time to do anything. so, as a last resort i had to upgrade to 1.1.3 in itunes because i couldn't even restore it! So, i updated, and came across ipodtouchmaster's video on youtube on how to downgrade 1.1.3 to 1.1.1. well, i do everything right in thew read me, but when he says its supposed to say: (not exact) ipodsomething: 0. well, mine says eleven, and it has to say zero. so can someone help me?
  6. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

7. 2Fresh08

2Fresh08 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch

you can watch a video from ipodtouchmaster on youtube here's the link

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YakjwxB3nQU

ohh and if u watch da video and try 2 downgrade just make sure that on the WTF file make sure that u type a lower case L and not a 1
  8. SUPERBXD

SUPERBXD Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    you should force restore your ipod to 1.1.1 and jailbreak again . and if u want to go to 1.1.2 you can . SHIFT + RESTORE open 1.1.1 restore firmware file .
  9. stromboli1994

stromboli1994 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    if something like that happens, you can just usually do a forced reboot by holding down the home and the sleep buttons together for ten seconds and it'll fix it.
  10. cobra3

cobra3 New Member

the first time i did this...yes i've done it 3 times now! 1st - ipodtouchmaster JB, 2nd - dev team, finally - ipodtouchmaster again.the only thing that didn't work WAS summerboard.

I too had the same problem with "when he says its supposed to say: (not exact) ipodsomething: 0. well, mine says eleven".

Here is a much easier way to put your ipodtouch into DFU mode (which means it will accept the restore to 1.1.1 from 1.1.3 :
    1. Open iTunes and connect your ipodtouch to your computer
    2. Wait until iTunes recognizes your ipodtouch
    3. Hold down the sleep and home buttons
    4. Once the ipodtouch icon disappears from iTunes let go of the sleep button (top button)
    5. Once the ipodtouch icon reappears let go of the home button.

Shift Restore to the 1.1.1 firmware

Hope that helps.