my ipod touch is brick?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cean_888_calm, Aug 5, 2008.

1. cean_888_calm

cean_888_calm New Member

during upgrading my iPod Touch to 2.0, my computer freezes and restarts, suddenly my ipod touch becomes blank and when i try to manually restore it (holding down the home and sleep button for almost a minute) nothings happened, when i connect it to my USB port the computer doesnt recognize it, so as iTunes. My ipod dont give any sign of life, like the charging battery or the connect to itunes. can please someone help me...........

(T.T)

im living in the Philippines so if you suggest to go to Apple Store will just not work
  2. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    1: Hold the "Sleep/Hold" and "Home" button in the "pressed" position until it powers on.
    2: When it powers on Release the "Sleep/Hold" button but keep Holding the "Home" Button.
    3: If done correctly, you will see the "Connect to iTunes" image on your iPod. Connect it to iTunes and restore.

This should work.
  3. cean_888_calm

cean_888_calm New Member

thanks for answering my problems are solve
  4. fofdeo

fofdeo New Member

about how long are you estimating to hold both buttons before it powers one? the reason I ask, is that I have an ipod touch that is also completely unresponsive. I have tried quite a few methods to restore it. holding both buttons for about five minutes has yielded no results.
  5. Collateral

Collateral Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    FYI: You cannot software brick an ipod.
  6. angrysheepdog

angrysheepdog New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    you can, it is just really hard and you have to be trying to actually brick it (like deleting important files via ssh)
  7. fofdeo

fofdeo New Member

i didn't 'try' to brick this ipod touch. the only reason I use the word brick is because it simply doesn't do anything. no it is not in dfu mode, no it is not in recovery mode, no itunes does not recognize it, no the computer does not recognize it. i ran the itunes diagnostic, everything checked out okay, except that it said the last known ipod is not connected (i'm not completely retarded, the ipod WAS connected.) I was running a fresh 1.1.4 firmware, obtained from a reputable source (fairly confident it isn't corrupted), I used ziphone v3.0 to jailbreak it. during the stage when all the words were scrolling, it went black. i left it alone. ziphone closed itself, my computer shut down, and now my ipod touch is unresponsive.
  8. markomite

markomite New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    if its not in DFU mode, PUT it into DFU mode. problem solved.
  9. fofdeo

fofdeo New Member

it is completely unresponsive. the entire problem is that I CANT put it into dfu mode. i CANT put it into recovery mode. the obvious response for you now is to simply doubt my ability as a hacker, or knowledge of how the two buttons function. this is in error. some people have trouble with the timing, i have done it perfectly in the past. unfortunately, it won't respond in any way, and my computer (as well as two others I have now tried) does not recognize it.
  10. iHAX

iHAX Banned

i agree if you cant follow simple directions then this is not cut out for you just get someone else to do it instead of ripping out your hair

try the other dfu method