My iPod Touch Improving Ideas (too much to put on that other thread)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by holbikwolff10, Aug 4, 2009.

1. holbikwolff10

holbikwolff10 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I have waaaaaaay too many of these. I have had an iPod Touch for either 1.5 or 2.5 years (got it in Jan of 07 or 08, dont remember which) and have been thinking ever since.

#1 - Dashboard
    My favorite idea so far, though not widely requested, has been Dashboard. See, right now you double-click Home and get the Music widget. Well, why not more? You could buy more from the App Store, and then customize the Dashboard like you do on a Mac. It would need to be very efficient, but surely our Lord and Savior Steve Jobs could figure it out. Or His software engineering team will do it for Him...
    Also - this serves no purpose except entertainment, and I have no idea why it popped into my brain - the Dashboard could have bubbles floating in the background that you could pop.

#2 - Radio
    Another nice one would be a radio. Preferably one where you could record stuff, like on my old Sansa that I still slightly miss. Its awesome because it gives the user free songs and endless entertainment even without WiFi, but still doesn't compete with iTunes due to the low quality and that you have to wait for the song to happen to play. Its a win-win, come on Apple!

#3 - Stylus
    Another idea that is great but still not widely requested is the stylus. It could be attached to the side like in every other device, and would be used for drawing apps and poor motor skilled (uhhh, I mean big-fingered!) people who have trouble with the interface. Why not, Apple???

#4 - USB Internet Access
    What about all the people who want internet on their device but don't have WiFi? Hmm? I know, this requires the computer to have internet and the computer can do whatever the iPod can, but really if you think about it that's not true. What about multiplayer games, OpenFeint, and other in-app internet needs? These still can't be used!
    Also, maybe it could go both ways (no its not, you've never even spoken to her.

Please Register or Log in to view images

)
    Seriously, plenty of people would love to use their iPods as WiFi adapters on their laptops.
    AND, it could possibly be used as a router. So it actually would be a pretty good idea, once you think about it.

#5 - Rubberized/Brushed Back
    Seriously, this has been an issue since day 1. We need something that doesn't get scratched so easily. A rubberized back would work best, but the brushed one with only the Apple logo shiny would look better. Come on, Apple, decide quick! I want to get rid of the war zone that is the back of my iPod!

#6 - WiFi 802.11n
    I actually don't have 802.11n at my own home, so it wouldn't be so useful for me, but it still is a pretty good idea.

#7 - Speaker/Headphones Simultaneously
    I mean, how many times have you gotten sick of the crappy quality audio from your iPod but not been able to plug in your headphones because your friends won't be able to hear? Lame! Why can't they hear the crap while you, the one who paid for the iPod and music, listen to the good stuff? Well now you can! Why didn't Apple think of that before?!

#8 - Camera
    Yes, I know, but it is an idea so it belongs in this thread.
    Hopefully one identical to the 3G.

#9 - Microphone
    Yes, I know again, but it still is an idea and still belongs in this thread. Still preferably one with identical features to the 3G
  2. The Untouchable iPod

The Untouchable iPod Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I agree with all except 3
  3. kevin1st

kevin1st Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    agree with all but 3 and 7. there isn't a device in the world right now that plays audio out of an internal speaker even when you have headphones plugged in.

3) the ipod touch is VERY finger friendly and a stylus would only be good for drawing. although people would loose it and apple could charge $9.99 for a new one.
  4. npc295

npc295 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    they all seem like good ideas. Im not sure how they would do #7 though
  5. tktouch12

tktouch12 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    #3 cant happen, they dont work with the type of screen the ipod has but im defiantely not complaining because the ipod/ iphone has nicer touch screens than any i have ever seen (for a sylus to work w/ the ipod it has to be electric and stuff)
    #7 is actually kind of a good idea and i havent heard something like that before
    #1 should defiantly be considered
    and the rest are also good ideas
  6. 2Short4u

2Short4u New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i would like #1
    that would be a nice upgrade
    dey could prolly include it in an update and we can pay for it
  7. Quadrant

Quadrant New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I highly agree with #1. A Dashboard would sound amazing, and you could even control your music directly from there.

#8 and #9 are highly likely to be on the iPod Touch 3g already.

And for #3, don't they already make styluses for the iPod Touch?
  8. DazedUp

DazedUp New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    #2- you can get an app that has recording features, but it only works for 2g and iphone.
    #7 - not quite sure what u mean but if u mean let your friends listen to your music while you listen to it to? well u can get headphone splitters.
    #9 - i believe you can buy one for 2g and maybe 1g.
  9. Aprosamurai

Aprosamurai Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    The Archos five can play music through it's speakers and headphones at the same time lmao
  10. Pandawg

Pandawg Community Development

There's already a Stylus for the iPod touch/iPhone. I like #2,4,7, and 8 though