My Ipod touch freezes and crashes

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by doyle369, Nov 4, 2007.

1. doyle369

doyle369 New Member

My ipod keeps freezing.....crashing......screen goes blank.......!!

My ipod is 1 week old and I have kept it in excellent condition (i havnt dropped it! lol)

why is this all happening

p.s i have restored it once
  2. veryniceipod

veryniceipod Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Have you jailbroken? If so, restore and re-do the jailbreak and see if that makes a difference.
  3. nerp

nerp New Member

Turn off dim wallpaper in SMBPrefs.
  4. Phoenix1887

Phoenix1887 New Member

Hello, I'm a new member.

I am experiencing the same problems. I got my touch a few days ago and of course jail broke it and have already tried every application that can be put on it through the installer, as well as the iphone applications which I put through with SSH (WinSCP). I was experiencing problems with random programs freezing, even the native ones, safari and the music player. The music would for no reason stop, as I'm reading notes in safari, and then eventually safari would quit and it would become extremely sluggish until it eventually froze and I would have to restart.

I restored back to original settings and put less applications on (only the essentials), but I have still been experiencing the problem. I turned off the DIM Wallpaper setting in SMB Prefs which I conicidently have on and can remember having on the last time I was experiencing the problems.

Let's hope this works. I'll follow up soon. Thanks for the suggestions.
  5. jasonweaver

jasonweaver New Member

I jailbreaked my ipod but it did the same thing, the only way to fix it is to restore it back to normal and not jailbreak it

it sucks but whats the point of jailbreaking if it crashes every minute?
  6. cowboyshootist

cowboyshootist New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I guess that's one of the risks of working outside the intended use of the product and possibly one of the reasons Apple hasn't opened up the Touch to 3rd party apps. Without comprehensive testing it is impossible to know which apps work well and which ones don't. Many people think Apple has some nefarious reason for locking up the Touch but I suspect they know the level of effort and cost to certify the Touch for internal and 3rd party apps. I'd like to think Apple is ensuring that they have a quality, working product and not something that is thrown together quickly with poor results.
  7. Phoenix1887

Phoenix1887 New Member

I don't know guys, since I turned off dim wallpaper in smb prefs I haven't had any problems with freezing or closing apps. It has been a day so i think it worked!
  8. Midnight

Midnight New Member

Hi,

Found this thread while searching for some insight as to why I'm experiencing random crashes on my JB'ed Touch. My crashes seem to happen most noticeably when the Touch has been on for a while but not in use (I had my autolock set for never, so that may have something to do with it as well). Since I've not been able to pinpoint any certain thing that may be causing this and I did indeed have the dim wallpaper option on, I'll try this and report back if I notice a difference.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Please Register or Log in to view images

EDITED to add: So far, so good. I turned off the dim wallpaper option as well as reset the autolock, not sure which helped but as long as it works, I'm not questioning it.

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. djtwix

djtwix New Member

It's been happening to me, too! Searched and searched and no answer. Then I found this after I signed up. Awesome, I'll try the suggestions!!
  10. LOLPERTE

LOLPERTE New Member

Restore it in recovery mode.