My Ipod touch fell in water, need advice..

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by simbot09, Jan 11, 2009.

1. simbot09

simbot09 New Member

So I dropped my ipod touch in the sink just BSn around, and immediately i wrapped it in a towel and did my best to dry it off, now im reading other people's posts and stuff and they said its best not to turn it on and put it in rice, i already did turn it back on like a retard but it seems fine except i cant do anything on the screen, like the whole "touch" part doesnt work, but the volume, home button, top button and volume controls still work, and the screen doesnt go white or anything, it just wont respond when i want to slide to unlock it or anything.... any ideas?? PLEASE!!
  2. Mircix

Mircix Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I see you have tried putting it in a bowl of rice. But leave it in there more time... Or get it replaced in the applestore... dunno..
  3. kevin1st

kevin1st Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    u shouldn't of turned it on but try leaving itin teh rice for a few days. and shine a flashlight into teh headphone jack. if u see a red dot u hope the rice does the trick. if u see white can can return to it apple if rice doesn't fix it
  4. NickPod

NickPod Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Yeah, leave it in the rice (in a warm environment) for another day.
  5. simbot09

simbot09 New Member

Yeah thanks, i havent put in in the rice yet, i just let it air out in my room, but now im gonna put it in some rice over night
  6. joorowned

joorowned New Member

Patience is the key. Leave it in rice for a couple days and DONT TOUCH IT.

The thread that explains how to make the litmus paper located in the headphone port change back from pink to white is here:

http://www.ifans.com/forums/...ht=pink litmus

Note: This should be a last resort after trying the rice alternative in trying to use your warranty on your iPod touch.
  7. b1j4nt

b1j4nt New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    leave it in rice, you should not have turned it on
  8. dauntlessmax

dauntlessmax New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Now is your BEST time to take advantage of the warranty!!!
  9. tttooommm

tttooommm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    i translate this on google from http://clubifone.com

If you fall into water or gets wet it is best that this off, because if this can be turned to a "short circuit" and goes off and never get to not work (in limited opportunities). So it is advisable to prevent that when you are near or in contact with water (or liquids) before turn off the iPhone / iPod.
    If your iPhone / iPod fell running water, which is to shut it down immediately and wait for some way to dry well after power to understand and not to make this short-circuit said.
    To dry the iPhone / iPod can use a hair sequadora (giving in part on where you connect the USB) and can also use an effective method, putting the iPhone / iPod into a boul / bool filled with rice and with the apparatus the inside. We expect two days and rice will have absorbed the "water" or "wet" that in our device, we can also use the same two (with sequadora hair and rice).
    Prenderlo try ...
    If you do not get turned so happy until they've proven that it works well and WIFI phone signal, if you have the next best cuidalo and sperm are no consequences for this.
    If you do not turn on, leave a place (not wet) for a further 2 / 4 days and turned verifies what I said earlier and if it is not turned on choice but to take it to a technician or warranty claim (if they even have one) and be able to tell which was which damaged the apparatus

FACT: The good news is that most people if they prendio iPhone / iPod and did not have any problem
  10. tomasfn93

tomasfn93 Member