My iPod touch battery dead for a long time.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iOwnxD, Jun 23, 2010.

1. iOwnxD

iOwnxD New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have 2 ipod touches so I kept one in my closet because I wouldn't be needing it. I had it fully charged before I stored it. I turned the power off too. I took it out today so I could install ios4 on it and found that the battery was entirely dead. It has been dead for like 3-4 months. I'm charging it now, but do you guys think it will have a significant effect on the battery life? Thanks.
  2. amandureja

amandureja New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    you most likely have to change your battery. the battery must have died out while it was being stored in your closet. you can try charging it, but it won't really have any effect. is it still in warranty? if not, you either have to pay $50 to apple, do it yourself, or go to some special ipod/iphone repair shop. hope i helped.
  3. iOwnxD

iOwnxD New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well it is charging and is like 3/4 done.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    After I installed iOS4 the maximum capacity of the ipod went down from 7.01 to 6.54 gb according to itunes.
  4. dav112

dav112 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yea it wont have any effect of the battery but when your Ipod is not being used for a long time the battery drains because the electrons are not moving.
  5. thaqz

thaqz New Member

just leave it charging for more than 2 hours even after 100% just to make sure the whole device is fully charged. the battery meter may not be accurately stating the percentage.