my ipod touch apps

Discussion in 'iPhone Applications on iPod touch' started by JORDAN EFF, Nov 18, 2007.

1. JORDAN EFF

JORDAN EFF New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    hey guys am new here but i have my ipod touch on firmware 1.1.2 and i really want the installer on it so i can download the iphone mail app on my touch because i have wifi at my work and it would be useful to be able to check my mail on the ipod but i just cant figure this out. if anyone can help me or guide me through how to do it that would be great

thanks
  2. steeped

steeped New Member

Welcome to the forum - search before you post. There are multiple sticky's which give step by step direction on installing Jailbreak, which is of course the method used to crack your iPod and install applications.

It would be my honor to be the first person on this forum to call you the "N" word. Noob.
  3. JORDAN EFF

JORDAN EFF New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    well i looked around and couldnt find any for firmwrae 1.1.2 and ones saying downgrade to 1.1.1 but i cant find 1.1.1 anywhere
  4. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

5. JORDAN EFF

JORDAN EFF New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    i have already wathced those videos but when i try the link to download 1.1.1 i cant download it so thtas where i'm stuck
  6. spoonforknife

lemme find a link 4 u, just a minute
    sorry can't
  7. williamoforangeIT

williamoforangeIT New Member

well that dude is right you really should search before you post but i will give you a very quick rundown of what to do.....

step 1:
    make sure you are in firmware 1.1.1. If not, down grade to it by using this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLFiUCq7IHc

follow along in this video for steps 2-5c:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXfcnO4kjB4&feature=related
    step 2:
    jailbreak your 1.1.1 ipod by going to jailbreakme.com on your ipod safari. then choose install appsnapp

step 3:
    install oktoprep from the installer application

step 4:
    upgrade to 1.1.2 from your itunes software

step 5a:
    jailbreak your 1.1.2 ipod by going to this site http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/site/112jb.html
    and download the file [make sure you have your firewall disabled when you download it or it might not download]
    step 5b:
    when the files are done downloading unzip them and run the file windows. make sure you elect to install the SSH application and keep the password [alpine]

Next time please use the search by searching for guides and fun stuff like that. I was nice enough today to help a few noobs with this but next time i might not be..... so try to use the search protocol more often
  8. spoonforknife

Very, very good. Wow.
  9. JORDAN EFF

JORDAN EFF New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    no u dnt understand, i did look at the other topics but.......... the problem is that i cant use the link given on youtube to downgrade to 1.1.1 thats the problem, i need that before i can do anything
  10. williamoforangeIT

williamoforangeIT New Member

i've had a few problems downloading stuff too myself. Just first try to disable or quit out of your firewall/anti-virus/anti-spyware then you should be able to download it.

EDIT 1:
    If that doesn't work then make sure that your web browser is not blocking anything such as pop-ups or pricate headers. that could be the problem too.