My Ipod Touch 2G Wont Turn On + Windows/iTunes Wont Reconize It!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by guner2115, Mar 13, 2009.

1. guner2115

guner2115 New Member

So about a week ago i was doing Bmcj's windows Redsnow semi-tethered jailbreak http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144041 and i got to about the 13th part. i did it all as it said to do and my screen went completly black. Now it wont turn on at all, Windows wont reconize it, and itunes doesnt reconize it either. I've had it plugged it for a while, so the battery isnt dead, and ive been pushing the sleep button and home button over and over for different lengths of time. My friend says i probably erased the firmware and everything and i just need a program on my comp to put it all back on but i dunno what program... so does anyone know what the problem is? what programs i might need? anything that might help me fix this will help...thx anyways
  2. Ranko95

Ranko95 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Lolololol. This is normal. And no your filesystem isn't gone. You need to put it into dry and restore it. Hold both home and sleep for ten secs then let go of sleep and hold home for ten more. Then open iTunes and it will show up. Next time use a GUI. Like quickfreedom. Btw it's untethered now
  3. polakio92

polakio92 New Member

i jailbroke my ipod last week with quicktether, what do i need to do to get the untethered installed?
  4. Ranko95

Ranko95 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Search the forum. It's really easy!
  5. GanawaJ

GanawaJ New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Real easy just send the LLB Patch