My ipod touch 2g was overcharged!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Alcreion, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Alcreion

Alcreion New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    What do I do??? I was using a cheap chinesse charger and it over charged my ipod touch 2g. is it broken? or can i let it sit untill the battery doesnt feel like any heat is comming off? or should i just return it and get a new one?
  2. GeneralDuctape

GeneralDuctape New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well to my knowledge, you can't "overcharge" your iPod. I leave mine sitting on the charger everynight with nothing wrong. I'm pretty sure that unless the charger doesn't limit the amount of electricity into the iPod, no overcharging should take place.

If it's hot, then I would just leave it sit (with the screen NOT on) or just turn it off.
  3. kylepsp

kylepsp New Member

How can you tell its overcharged? The battery will only allow so much power, after that it will not allow anymore. So you're safe
  4. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    There's a protection circuit in the battery that prevents your battery from being overcharged, so it shouldn't be damaged unless the battery itself is faulty in which case seek advice from Apple. However, the excess heat won't have done it much good. It should still work but get yourself a brand charger. Not worth the risk. For more stuff on looking after your battery see the battery link in my sig.
  5. Alcreion

Alcreion New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    it doesnt really matter anymore cuz i left it too cool and it wont even turn on or anything. so im just going to go to costco and return it and get a new one lol
  6. iHacking Expert

iHacking Expert Banned

I never heard of such a thing of overcharging it, but anyway, go to iTunes, back it up, and restore.
  7. Alcreion

Alcreion New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  8. iHacking Expert

iHacking Expert Banned

9. Duykur

Duykur Banned

Overcharge is not possible unless by faulty hardware, and the heat is normal UNLESS it is unconformable to the touch, then go to apple.