My ipod touch 2g jailbreak

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by cmn20, Mar 15, 2009.

1. cmn20

cmn20 New Member

I keep running into the same problem with every jailbreak program i use, I have windows vista 63 bit, and when i put my ipod touch 2g in dfu mode it doesn't detect it being in dfu mode can someone help me please!!!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. B3njaminX23

B3njaminX23 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
  3. cmn20

cmn20 New Member

The bottom link doesn't work.
  4. Sirgio12

Sirgio12 New Member

Here ya go ol chap!

For the fallen comrades who own a 2g iPod the struggle is great but I bear good news!
    Maybe you have found this out if you check regularly, but QuickFreedom was released recently and it almost as easy as quickpwn!

Here is a handy link for your 2g JB needs:

ipod2g.info/main/
    http://quickfreedom.com/

Just wanted to throw that out there because QuickFreedom isn’t too popular…yet
  5. cmn20

cmn20 New Member

I tried quick freedom but im still having trouble after i put it in dfu mode
  6. Sirgio12

Sirgio12 New Member

I had a little trouble too the first time at that same spot, I figured out what I did, the first message (the 15 second wait message) is just for you to get ready, you DO NOT hold any buttons at this point.

Your screen should turn white, but some people reported theirs turning black
    Obviously if you made it to the DFU mode then you have created that custom firmware, just restore your ipod through itunes by clicking restore + Shift, window comes up and find your custom firmware (the one you made not downloaded)

Try again and if you run into anymore trouble post your problem I'd be glad to help!

Please Register or Log in to view images