My Ipod Touch 2g is dead.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Avren, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Avren

Avren New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Okay, I finished jailbreaking my Ipod Touch 2g earlier today, and decided I wanted all my old apps and music back to go along with my new Cydia. So I clicked "Restore to old settings" (hoping it wouldn't remove the jailbreak, and if it does remove the jailbreak, let me know and how to sync my old stuff back on while keeping the jailbreak). Anyways, once it was finished restoring, I got an error (1600 or something close).

So now, like my post title displays, my ipod seems pretty much dead. It won't turn on, it isn't recognized by Itunes, going into DFU mode doesn't do anything, holding power and home (same thing as above) doesn't do anything, and even when I do try it, it just tells me there's malfunctioning software.

I did get stuck in this state before by simply pushing and holding home for 5 seconds, holding home and power for 10 seconds, and then holding home till Itunes popped up, recognizing my system, but since then this hasn't worked.

Help? :/
  2. IxI Dan IxI

IxI Dan IxI New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yeah, you have to sync it as a new ipod.

-- no idea HOW you get it back, just play with it, or do the jailbreak codes again, and restore? idk
  3. iVick

iVick New Member

Download 1clickboot, it worked for me.
  4. Vesper

Vesper Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    you're going to need to re-replace the IPSW file again with a jailbroken one. then get it back into DFU mode and use one of the boot programs like the one in my sig to finish the jailbreak. it might not seem like it's in DFU mode but if you hold the power button for 10 seconds and your computer says it's unrecognized then you're on the right track. If it was bricked(which i've been told is 100% impossible with these jailbreak methods) it would not even register as a malfunctioning usb device. and yes, set it as a new iPod and re-synce everything with itunes. DO NOT restore from your back-up.
  5. Demonshade

Demonshade New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    when you connect the ipod to your computer does it say device not recognized? If so that means u just need to do what you would usually do when booting the ipod after the jb. You need to pretend ur ipod is on, count to 10 with home + sleep, then let go of sleep and hold home till ur comp picks up the ipod and then type in the usual commands.
  6. SaUcE 26

SaUcE 26 New Member

trust me is not dead.. make sure u got libusb installed with compability with xp service pack 2...just boot it and if it doesnt work the first time keep trying ill work...and it wont erase the jailbreak if u reset it.. i used shortperson method if u use that method run step 3 couple of times.. if it doesnt work the first time keep trying..hold the power and home buttons for 10 secs and then release the power and make sure u hold the home for 8 secs trust me it will work..
  7. Avren

Avren New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I did the steps required to achieve DFU mode, however itunes doesn't recognize this, the little thing still popped up and told me that i had malfunctioning software after holding home and power for 10 seconds. I then click the the 1clickboot.exe which then tells me it's waiting for an ipod in DFU mode?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Hmm, oddly this time it worked. Cool. Does anyone know how i might go about getting my music and apps while keeping the Cydia (and not messing up my ipod again?

Please Register or Log in to view images

)
  8. IxI Dan IxI

IxI Dan IxI New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    when u restore with jailbreak, you select the option "NEW IPOD"

-- dont use your restore from backup

--- "NEW IPOD"

then sync
  9. Avren

Avren New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Excellent, it's working!

Awesome :]

It's syncing now. The tethered jailbreak is perfect for me, as I really never turn my ipod off anyways, not to mention its not really that hard to reboot when I need to

I'm gonna customize my ipod for the next few hours

I'll check back here if anything changes.

EDIT: Apparantly I only have 6.68 gig capacity now. Is that due to Cydia?

EDIT: How can I sync my music back? lol
    And another question about 1clickboot. Once it recognizes DFU mode it immediatly gets to work, bringing me to the white screen, however then it stops there telling me "disconnecting USB"... So... Then I wait a while and it exits, accomplishing nothing.. help?
    hello? ^