My ipod touch 1st gen doesn't want to charge!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by icyanid, Jun 12, 2010.

1. icyanid

icyanid New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok.. i can't seem to get my ipod touch to work.
    It was a gift... it is used but it was working fine till it got to me. I bought a brand new usb cable to charge it. At first it looked like it was going to charge. Suddenly it turned completely off. When I plug it in, all i see is the apple logo then 30 seconds later it shuts off. I leave it there practically forever charging... nothing.
    So.. I went on a google hunt to find what is wrong & here I am.
    I tried to restore it, nothing, not even a hint of life. I have an updated itunes that doesnt recognize it and is just sitting there.. dead. I called apple and they cant seem to know whats wrong. I'm starting to think is the battery. Any help before I commit suicide!? thanx! :/
  2. DisneyRicky

DisneyRicky Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    It's a 1 gen just like mine, I didn't use my iPod for a while since I got an iPad, so my battery is still in good shape. There was probably 3 months where I didn't use my iPod that much. My guess is that it's gone through it's entire charge cycle. The battery in it can only do so many charges before it gets tired and wears down. I suggest getting a new iPod Touch.
  3. Kallen

Kallen Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Have you tried another USB cable? I had this same problem on mine and it was a damaged cable.
  4. raxater

raxater New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I suggest getting a new BATTERY, not an ipod, that would be a lot of cash dropped...
  5. €p1c

€p1c New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    My advice would only get a new battery if you know how to install it properly. Otherwise just buy a new device.
  6. raxater

raxater New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah of course the only problem is to install the battery but it seems kind of pretty easy, buy the battery kit and be patient when oppening your ipod to make sure ot to break the screen.
  7. €p1c

€p1c New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    yeah he might be better off selling it than messing with it and having it break.
  8. raxater

raxater New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    who wants to buy a broken ipod? anyway if he try to change the battery or not that makes no difference if he breaks his ipod while changing the battery cuz he still will have to buy a new one, if he success repairing it. Well congrats 4 him!
  9. €p1c

€p1c New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    ever go on eBay? there are iPods all the time that need new batteries that people buy. it's up to him not us though.