iOS 4.0 My iPod runs out of batteries within a few hours, when it's not even on..

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by creatr, Jul 6, 2010.

1. creatr

creatr New Member

Has anyone else been having this problem since upgrading to a 4.0 jailbreak? I didn't install multitasking so it's not that, and I usually have my iPod in airplane mode. I turned off location services and my iPod only checks for mail when I enter the application. It was 95% charged today, I listened to some songs for a while in the car and it went down to 94%. I went to sleep when it was at 94% and when I woke up 5 hours later, it was out of batteries. I didn't have any application on or anything. Sometimes I leave the alarm clock on, but that didn't used to drain it so much. This has been happening a lot lately.

I got my iPod a little over a year ago, but the top button was broken so I got it replaced a couple of months ago for free. I'm pretty sure that that warranty has run out, but I've only had it for a couple months!!
  2. Appman

Appman Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    On my iPod it seems when airplane mode is on the battery runs out quicker, I honestly don't know why, but that may be your problem.
  3. creatr

creatr New Member

It's happened once when airplane mode was off though, but I'm pretty sure it runs out slower when it's on because that means my wifi is off and all.
  4. Appman

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well try using the actual wifi on/off switch instead of using airplane mode. See if you notice a change.
  5. creatr

creatr New Member

It's happened with that as well. Thanks, though.
  6. Alexmkiwi

Alexmkiwi Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    My sister's ipod was having the same problem so you are not alone cant wait until they bring out 4.0.1/4.1
  7. Appman

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yeah, it seems iOS 4 has been a real battery killer.