My Ipod now sucks. HELP ME!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by volney37, Oct 17, 2008.

1. volney37

volney37 New Member

I've got an 8g ipod touch running 2.1 jb. But the problems I am having now I've been having even before the JB.

-Apps that I have downloaded from the app store don't work anymore. I start them and they load, then it immediatly goes back to the menu screen. However, ones I have downloaded from Cydia still work fine.

-Cover art is in shambles. Coverflow displays nothing, most are just black. In music menu the albums are all messed up.

I've restored, re-downloaded, re-everything you could ever do and still it's a total write off. Is this just a 2.1 issue and I have to wait for an upgrade, or can this be fixed?
  2. Spyda

Spyda Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well for your coverflow issue it sounds like you just don't have any album art. Is it like just a black album with a music note on it? For the app store problem try restarting your iPod and your computer, then manually resyncing the apps. Not sure if that will help but it won't hurt to try.
  3. Baggy Spandex

Baggy Spandex Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    cry for like 30 minutes, cause thats sh*tty. stop crying, drive to apple and cry some more. they should fix it or give you a new one. oh yeah, restore unjailbroken before you go.
  4. ASiDiE

ASiDiE Member

Are you adding your songs and album art directly to the Ipod? I just tested this out last night and this seems to be the issue. I am sure it has something to do with the latest itunes too. I set up a library and it worked just fine. However once I copied over a couple songs to my ipod directly and then added the cover art, everything got messed up. Black albums or wrong albums.

As for the programs not working, sounds like you don't have a couple foldiers created on the ipod and for some reason, it can't create them.
  5. volney37

volney37 New Member

you're a dick.
  6. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    restore so that they cant see you were jailbroken
    and take it back to apple
  7. sotaku22

sotaku22 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Take it back bro./sis. It's not worth the hassle to deal with it all when you can just get a brand spankin' new one...or get yours fixed.