My ipod not responding... taking it to apple store.. should say its jailbroken??

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by manitomansito, Feb 16, 2008.

1. manitomansito

manitomansito New Member

Need help with this.... what should I do?? my ipod was on 1.1.3 got spinning ring of death and its completrly NOT RESPONDING,, like in windows.... ive tried everything... im going to apple store to see if they can do something... is my 1 year warrantee f***ed up?? any way... I dont care about paying but... are they going to notice that my ipod WAS jailbroken?? cause now it doesnt even boot, just you turn it on, the apple logo apearrs, then a endless spining ring...... so, they going to tell me something?? mm, cause i want to use my warrantee.... hey please reply!! im f***ing depressed !!! DAMN!! that sucks.. i LOVED my ipod.. damn! what am I gonna do!??

Thanks!!
  2. Tigerclaw

Tigerclaw New Member

Can't you just do a forced restore? Power and home buttons together. Connect to the PC/Mac and open iTunes. It SHOULD say that the ipod is in restore mode (or something like that) then you just restore it to factory settings.

I didn't think ANYTHING could stop you from doing that?
  3. Khamelion

Khamelion New Member

Calm down and Restore it.

Hold Power + Home Button until it shuts down
    Release the Power and still hold the Home Button
    Press the Power Button for a short-time only to start your iPod again.(Still holding Home Button)
    The iTunes Symbol should appear.
    Congratulations you're in the restore mode and your iPod should appear in iTunes again. xD
  4. shepdogg

shepdogg Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yeah dude just restore it
  5. resendiz93

resendiz93 New Member

No Dont Take It Back

If You Take It Back The Warranty Is Automaticlly Voided Because It Just Covers The Ipod If Its Regular But If Its Jailbroken They Wont Fix It.
  6. frnkyn

frnkyn Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    well they hav no way of finding out ur ipod is jailbroken since its too f**********ked up to get it back to normal without restoring
  7. manitomansito

manitomansito New Member

no I CANT restore it,,, dont you read what I posted?? I said: that my ipod is detected by itunes in RECOVERY MODE but.... the screen on ipod is: the apple logo and a spining ring on it... STILL IN RECOVERY, soo, ITS f***ED UP,,, no way of restoring, cause when itunes starts restoring .... BANG! error (-50) unable to restore, unexpected error... blah blah.. f***ed up sh*t...
    So I live in CostaRica, I called the apple store, they told me to take the ipod with the bill and that they were gonna see what they can do. BUT. as somebody said.... its imposibble for them to notice it has been jailbroken, cause it doesnt even loads anything... its completly f***ed up....

What do U think about my theory?? about them NOT FINDING OUT it was jailbroken?? if they noticed they are going to charge me, or simply dont even try to fix it??

Thanks...

DAMN!!

NOTE: sorry for the "bad" words.. but my $400 ipod its f***ed up, jailbroken, and possibly apple isnt gonna do anything if they found out it is jailbroken..
  8. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

calm down and do this....install iphuc on ur computer. Then plug ur iPod in n turn it on. Type into iphuc the command enterrecovery. This will completely force it into restore mode
  9. sangesf

sangesf New Member

Here...

The world’s easiest method to downgrade your iPod touch from 1.1.3 back to 1.1.1
    NOTE: This is NOT the same as putting your iPod into RESTORE MODE. If you put your iPod into "Restore Mode" when you try to Downgrade to 1.1.1, it will give you an error.

1.) Connect your iPod touch to your running iTunes (version 7.5 is preferred).
    Make sure it shows up in iTunes.

2.) Make sure your iPod is showing its 1.1.3 home screen (it’s not in Recovery Mode.)

3.) Put the iPod touch in DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) Mode as follows:

a.) Press and hold-down both the Power and Home buttons.

b.) Release the Power button when you see the iPod disconnects and disappears from iTunes. This takes place in about 10 seconds. The iPod’s screen is blank.

c.) Release the Home button when you see the iPod re-connects and re-appears in iTunes. This happens in about 20 seconds. The screen is still blank until the iPod reconnects.

Please Register or Log in to view images

It’s good to go!

Now you can do the usual restore firmware procedure with Option+Restore (Shift+Restore in PC), and subsequently jailbreak your iPod touch once again.
  10. manitomansito

manitomansito New Member

NOOOO!!!!! NOO!!!! com on!!! dont U get it! MY IPOD IS NOT GETING TO HOME SCREEN!!!!! mmmmmm, damn!!!, it get stucked in the booting part, the black screen with the gray apple logo on the center! NO HOME SCREEN, simply cant...

Taking it to apple store, jailbrake 1.1.3 + guitar hero, WILL KILL YOUR IPOD....

DONT INS^TALL GUITAR HERO ON 1.1.3. JUST DONt.......

Seeya....

If getting new ipod, wont jailbrake it.... damn! what a shame!