my ipod music is messed up please help...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pac12321, Aug 11, 2009.

1. pac12321

pac12321 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    okay well i plugged my ipod 2g in to sync and it said it was updating all my songs so i was just like yeah whatever and blew it off...it prolly took 10 minutes and when it was done i had 2GB of other (i have 2GB of music...)

and i want to know where the 2GB went to...i deleted all my songs and i have no music on my ipod now, but the 2GB of other is still there.....PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. ben

ben Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The 'other' is jailbreak data, firmware, screenshots, app data, Cydia apps, themes, etc. You really shouldn't have 2gb of other, though. Try deleting some unused apps, extra themes, and stuff like that. If it is still unreasonably high, then you might want to try a restore.

I also have an 8gb 2nd gen, and I have only like 600mb of other.
  3. pac12321

pac12321 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i dont have winterboard, and only a few jailbreak apps, i have limited my jailbroken apps intake by alot when i updated 3.0...but im pretty sure its like my music that has been put on my ipod in the wrong place or something...
  4. ben

ben Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well, theoretically, if you put the music on the iPod and the music was indexed wrong or put in the wrong place, then when you removed the music, the 2gb would be gone.
  5. pac12321

pac12321 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    but i had 2GB of music, AND 2GB of other....i deleted music and other was still there...