MY IPOD JUST STARTED WORKING AGAIN..kind of

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kee, Mar 26, 2009.

1. kee

kee New Member

well when i was in mexico 2 months ago my ipod quit working and would not connect to any computer mac/pc/linux and i brought it into apple to there "genius bar" and they told me that it was completly broken but would not replace it since the glass is cracked and the back can come off easily. but i just decided to try it again and it WORKS!!! but there is only one problem, i can barely see the screen and the brightness is turned all the way down and i can not turn it up, it won't let me. PLZ someone help me. i want to use my ipod again, i am not complete without it
  2. ZhiZhi778

ZhiZhi778 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    looks like your backlight is broken...you'll have to go and get a replacement....even better if you get a replacement for all the stuff like digitizer, glass etc.

or just buy a new ones - since the price of digitizers and glasses aren't very cheap...
    also you'll have to knowledge to assemble them :/
  3. kee

kee New Member

i don't really need a new digitizer, i can live with the glass broken since i have for over a year now
  4. ZhiZhi778

ZhiZhi778 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    digitizer is the LCD thing...containing the backlight - which seems to be broken in your case and if you replace the digitizer you'll have to do so with the glass too because you have to take the glass out for replacing and I'm sure you'll brake it completely...so it will fall into many pieces

Please Register or Log in to view images