My iPod is really f***ed

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iEfforts, Mar 3, 2009.

1. iEfforts

iEfforts New Member

Jul 2, 2008
    Well you guys say that you can't brick your ipod.. well to be honest, I know my ipod isn't bricked. The initial problem was getting iTunes to recognize my ipod.

Here's my problem:
    iTunes will not recognize my iPod
    My computer itself doesn't recognize it.
    I'm not too sure about this one, but my battery life was very unstable and when I thought it was 90%, it turned out to be about 10%. Again, i'm not too sure.
    When I try to shut down my iPod it doesn't stay shut down and immediately restarts itself again.
    When I try to restore(I'm sure I'm doing it correctly because it shows the usb and itunes icon), the iPod still doesn't get recognized.
    I think even when the battery fully died, it flashed me the little charge battery icon and I think it's supposed to only flash it once when I attempt to turn it on. Well it flashes on and off. My iPod cannot be turned off!

I really don't know what to do. I've tried EVERYTHING. Right now I'm deleting all the data from my iPod to see if it's something there that f***ed it up, but I really doubt it. It's always attempting to go into Safe Mode as well.

If anyone has any idea how to fix it, tell me!

Oh yeah, I have a 1st gen ipod touch. It was jailbroken all fine for a while. I didn't try to re-jailbreak it at all. Just one day it stopped working. It could have dealt with me using different usbs or different computers. Also, no other computer recognizes my ipod.
  2. rb26dett

rb26dett New Member

Jul 18, 2008
    ummm i think you need to call an exorcist
  3. flyingguitar

flyingguitar Active Member

May 14, 2008
    uninstall libusb (if you have it installed)

switch USB ports

reinstall iTunes

let your iPod charge for 10 minutes (it doesn't matter if you can't see anything on the screen)

ten try it again