My ipod is flipping out. battery, randomly turns off, etc.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by skatensurf, Feb 20, 2009.

1. skatensurf

skatensurf New Member

i just got an ipod touch 1st gen 8gb off ebay a week or so ago. i was using it unjailbreaked and it was all good. this is my second touch my first one got stolen a few months ago. anyway i tried to jailbreak it and i couldn't get it to work so my friend did it for me.

since it's been jailbroken, it's been goin crazy. I just unplugged it from the charger and it was about 75%. then it randomly turned off. then it finally came back on after 5 minutes of trying and it just showing the apple logo then turning off, it said it had 20% left then 10% left after about 2 minutes.

that's just an example, stuff like this has been happening for a while. Most of the time when it blacks out/turns off i can see a very faint outline of what was on the screen after it turns off. not sure if it does that every time it gets turned off or what.

so yeah...is there any way to fix this without undoing the jailbreak? because i'm pretty far in pokemon and i don't want to lose that and i'm not sure if i'll be able to get it to jailbreak back.

thanks. i really hope this is in the right section.
  2. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    If it comes to having to restore, if you're able to SSH you can backup that Pokemon folder to your computer.
  3. skatensurf

skatensurf New Member

sooooo what's ssh? i'm sure there's a sticky that covers all of this but when there's like 10 stickies in each forum it gets kinda hard to sort through them
  4. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Download SBSettings, download Open ssh.

If you haven't done much, then go to SBsettings and activate wifi and SSH

if you have windows compter download WInSCP

if you ave anything else, go google how to access ssh ipod touch on a "computer os"

it will say in SBS what your wifi ip address is and type in WINSCP and type root and password is alpine (trust me). Then go look for save file, I don't have emulator so go google that as well. and done.
  5. peebrian202869

peebrian202869 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    if your on mac download CyberDuck =]