My ipod is disabled...permenatly

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Lyz, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Lyz

Lyz New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok, so if you type in your password rong too many times it disables it for 1 minute, then 5, then 15, the 60 minutes. After 60 minutes, if you type it in rong again, it says "connect to Itunes" i have plugged it into my computer, and unfortunalty, an error comes up saying that you need to enter your passcode before you can access your ipod-- Sooooo thats my problem. I am logged into my itunes account, and i have it plugged in via USB, not Firewire. I do not want to restore, concidering i have 84 apps on my ipod.

This is my biggest problem yet- any type of help that does not involve restoring would be greatly appreaciated.
  2. simonrichards150

simonrichards150 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    can you connect via ssh?

im sure someone will inform you of a way to retrieve your passcode from a file somewhere on the ipod
  3. flyingguitar

flyingguitar Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    can u still SSH?
  4. carpz

carpz New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Ezra made a thread on how to delete your passcode through SSH. ( ill get you the link in a sec)
    and if that doesnt work then just use ipranks backup utility to backup your apps. then restore.
    EDIT. heres the link http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63997
  5. Lyz

Lyz New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i have ssh, but if i delete the passcode file, wat do i do? do i have to restore? or just restart?

EDIT- i dont have wifi, nor do i have a windows, so ipranks and ssh do not work. Anybody know a mac app for USB "sshing?"
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    should i just call apple? or is there an app like Totalcommander mac?

p.s. sry if this counts as double posting, i'm kind of freaking out here

ok, so i have downloaded an application called DiskOrder, which is a USB "ssh" if you will, unfortunalty, i need to have the pascode put into my ipod for the computer to recognize it, so it cant find it........ bummer.... I think i should just call apple

EDIT- huge problem, i called apple, and they said that i have to restore the ipod, i also have to be on my home computer, which is currently not possible because i'm @ my summer house, so i need some help here guys
  6. Swizzchez

Swizzchez New Member

apple, also said you cant add third party apps, so im sure theres a way.

p.s. i have the same problem, my little brother keeps typing in the pascode rong, drives me nuts
  7. Lyz

Lyz New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I see im not alone- PLEASE COMMENT
  8. JimV

JimV New Member

What about doing a restore ?

To do so , Press the power and the home button until the ipod close itself.

Then , press the power and the home button until you see the Apple logo , when you see the logo , release the power button.

Then press restore and jailbreak it again.
  9. nbvikingsidiot001

nbvikingsidiot001 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yeah i guarentee you that you will not have to restore on your home computer you can do it on whatever computer you are using now as long as you do what he says but remember you are going to have to download the 1.1.4 update and restore with that