My Ipod is currently in DISABLED mode and itunes doesn't recognize it.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by asianmoofin, Mar 16, 2012.

1. asianmoofin

asianmoofin New Member

My ipod is currently in disabled mode asking me to plug into itunes. The computer which i usually access ITUNES is not available anymore. So when I try to put it in DFU mode itunes just comes up saying
    "itunes could not connect to Brenda's ipod because it has a passcode, you must enter the passcode on the ipod to acess itunes"
    DFU doesn't seem to work because I think it may be because this laptop has never connected with my laptop before.
    My ipod is JB if it helps with any details.
    I'm hopefully hoping someone can help! Kind of needing urgent help :/ thanks in advance!
  2. JailbreakHelp

JailbreakHelp Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    What the, in DFU Mode it should say this i____ is in recovery mode, please restore.

Or something like that.

How long are you disabled for?
  3. asianmoofin

asianmoofin New Member

I'm not sure if I'm doing it right? So I turn my ipod off, then hold power and home for bout 10 seconds or so then press home for 5 seconds till the apple comes back up? and its connected to itunes? But it just returns back to my background and says ipod disabled,connect to itunes.
    Well it happened since bout week ago I forgot my passcode and tried guessing it :/
  4. JailbreakHelp

JailbreakHelp Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    DFU Mode is:

Hold Home + Power button for 10 seconds
    Then let go of the Power button BUT KEEP holding the home button for another 15 seconds.
    If the screen is black, that means your in DFU Mode
  5. asianmoofin

asianmoofin New Member

the screen does go black :/ then i connect it to itunes, then it says the message and the screen comes back as " ipod disabled please connect to itunes"
  6. asianmoofin

asianmoofin New Member

I think its just the main idea that the laptop I'm connecting it too doesn't recognize the ipod therefore needs authorization first, but since I can't provide a passcode I can't even go into recovery mode :/
  7. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Wait for the disabled period to time out. Then redo DFU.
  8. asianmoofin

asianmoofin New Member

when will the disabled period time out? it has no time specification on it ?

Please Register or Log in to view images

DaniPh likes this.
  9. DaniPh

DaniPh Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    If this is your iPod Touch for sure, and you know your own SSH password, you may be in luck.

Step one. Connect to your iOS device via SSH (if you don't know the IP Address of it you can find it with an IP Scanner tool).
    Step two. Navigate to the /var/keychains folder and delete the file keychain-2.db file. (You might want to back it up just for the sake of it)
    Step three. To clear up iOS (and to just refresh things so iOS doesn't realize it's 'locked' anymore) navigate to /var/mobile/Library/Cache .
    Step four. Delete the entire contents of the Cache folder, afterwards respring your device or reboot it if the following methods don't work: killall SpringBoard ; sbreload ; sbquit ; reboot .
    Step five. Well, if respringing / reloading didn't help, do a full reboot and see how it goes. If all goes well you successfully reset your device. Though do note, keychain-2.db usually contains quite a bit of info about passwords (as well as Wi-Fi ones) so you might have to type your Wi-Fi password in your iPod in again if you have done this already.

Notes & things to consider: Yes, just delete every file in /var/mobile/Library/Caches/. It's not absolutely known for sure which file contains the lock for the device being disabled, but it's likely to be contained within the Cache(s) folder.

If I helped you you're welcome.

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. DaniPh

DaniPh Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Nope.

When this happens all that's left usually for the end user is to 'restore with iTunes'. Sad but true. If only they came with a 'master passcode' of some sort that you could activate after the 'last try' After a reboot. One reboot, one-try master access. Second reboot, another try.