my iPod is completly unresponsive to anything!!!! HELP!!!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mbulldogs11, Feb 7, 2008.

1. mbulldogs11

mbulldogs11 New Member

So my iPod Touch is unresponsive to anything. iTunes doesn't recognize it so I can't restore, when I turn it on the boot screen just stays on. I've tried forcing it into recovery mode, which it went into, but it was still unrecognized by iTunes. PLEASE HELP!!!!!
  2. x6blues

x6blues New Member

try using iphuc. then type in

enterrecovery

this has worked 4 me. also, sometimes u just need to restart ur computer for it to recognize ur things.

also, if u want to try to avoid restoring, try the enterrecovery then type in

cmd fsboot

sometimes this works other time it doesnt but its worth a shot gl
  3. mbulldogs11

mbulldogs11 New Member

I hate to sound like a noob, but how would I do that?
  4. x6blues

x6blues New Member

lol u sound fine, click the file attached then install. then connect ur ipod to the computer, wait for it to detect it, doesnt matter if itunes doesnt recognize, this always detects it as long as it is connected via usb cord. hope this helps, good luck

EDIT: Dragons, if it is jailbroken and the people at the apple store are able to "revive" it then his warranty will be gone. even if this is not the case, if it is already jailbroken then all the apps he had will be gone, thats only if this method works though

Attached Files:

5. twindragons

twindragons Banned

ahh duuuhhhh.. go get an exchange if u are under warranty.
  6. mbulldogs11

mbulldogs11 New Member

Also, I don't want to have to ship it off. I'd like to try to fix it first.
  7. hehe1

hehe1 New Member

Happened to me yesterday,do this........,turn on the ipod,hold the home button,keep holding it and plug the usb,keep holding,itunes pops up saying its in recovery mode,click ok,still hold the button,press restore but not with shift,click restore and update,but still hold,wait for the whole process to finish while holding the button,and ur done,u would be able to shift +click restore and restore it to 1.1.1 but for some reason there is like a block or something o.0?Hope it helped since its what i did yesterday.BYE

Please Register or Log in to view images

Plz post if this helped.
  8. mbulldogs11

mbulldogs11 New Member

THANK YOU!!! It worked, and, even though I lost all of my apps, I'm so happy. Thanks again!!!
  9. mbulldogs11

mbulldogs11 New Member

\

I didn't try yours because the first option that was given worked, but thanks for the help anyways.