My iPod is bricked?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by hazzah, Oct 17, 2010.

1. hazzah

hazzah New Member

Hey guys, now, i know you will be extremely sceptic of this, but yes. i have completely bricked my ipod touch 2g, and without just smashing it on a rock as well :/

it was (is?) jailbroken, but i finally decided to put those Jail'in days behid me about a week ago, and so i went to upgrade 4.0

And know it is jailbroken because i am stuck on restore mode. i have tried every way i have seen so far, and nothing works. i cant even put it in DFU because it turns itself on after 10 seconds, then loads the "connect to itunes" thing before i even have a chance to DFU it. so yeah, this isnt so much of a question as a warning to you, i dont know how it happened, but somehow, going from jailbroken to a new firmware can BRICK YOUR IPOD. it probably wouldnt happen to everyone, but i advise extreme caution and consultation with an expert if you are trying to upgrade whilst exiting your jailbreak.

... Actually, i do have a question, Is it just a huge dose of bad luck, or is upgrading while jailbroken something stupid and idiotic which i should have already known about???

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Just put it in dfu after you plug it in. Make sure the timing is perfect
  3. pyromatic

pyromatic New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I think you should let it die then charge it up. Then have another go at restoring it.

I don't think its bricked just yet.
  4. hazzah

hazzah New Member

I cant, i have tried countless times with varying timeing. if i managed to do it after the 3rd or 4th time when i jailbroke it ages ago, why cant i do it know?

the ipod is turned off after exactly 8 seconds while holding down the button, and then immediately restarts, and goes to its now familiar "connect to itunes" sign. this continues to happen no matter how long i hold it down. if i hold down the off button for 8 seconds it immediately turns off, then back on again, which is something which never used to happen when doing my first DFU.
  5. hazzah

hazzah New Member

That is actually a very good idea, i thought i had tried everything

Please Register or Log in to view images

i will try it like you said and hope for the best, but i am not very confident all the same :/
  6. xX-SicKsKiLZz-Xx

xX-SicKsKiLZz-Xx Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    its not bricked, hold home and power for 10 secs (while its at the connect to itunes screen)
    release power, and keep holding home until itunes recognizes it, and the ipod screen should be blank.
  7. hazzah

hazzah New Member

yes, i have tried to put it into DFU, but it just can't go into it. holding the power button for 10 seconds doesnt help because after 8 seconds it turns off, then automatically turns back on into the "connect to itunes" screen.
  8. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I can't think of a solution right now, but to give you a bit of peace of mind i was in the same situation once, and i can't remember how, but i did get out of it