my ipod hates me.......

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by freelancer91, May 25, 2008.

1. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok, my ipod is stuck on the apple logo screen. But here's the catch, I can SSH in wirelessly and itunes recognizes it. I was trying to add application onto it, but when I reached 90, I got the spinning wheel of death. So I SSHed in and tried deleting the last few applications that I had installed. That didn't get rid of it. Then I tried deleting that one file in System/Coreservices/spingboard.app/ that everyone tell you to delete when you get rid of the SWOD. Still no luck. I tried restarting it by pressing the home and power button and then releasing them when it was off. When I tried to restart it, I got stuck on the apple logo screen, but itunes acted like it was still working fine. I could also still SSH in.

This ipod has been giving me headaches for about 2 months. I am very close to selling it some some poor bastard on ebay and letting him suffer.
  2. mytouch386

mytouch386 New Member

Device:
    iPad
    well same here about the headaches just restore it and then jailbreak it again and then wait for appstore to come out then restore again buy it (if it isn't free) then no headaches!

Please Register or Log in to view images

sorry you have to restore
  3. Sickly_slick

Sickly_slick New Member

put it into restore mode and kick it back to normal with ziphone or something.
    that might get rid of your SWOD
  4. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Just restore it, follow my guide or another and get it right, then find an actual method to put all those silly apps on it that works and move forward.
  5. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    thats just the problem. I have restored hundreds of times in the last few months. I am beginning to think this is damaging my ipod. Is that possible?