My iPod has trouble keeping track of time (literally)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by B2TheEYo, Nov 30, 2008.

1. B2TheEYo

B2TheEYo New Member

Hey folks,

I've had my 2G touch for awhile now, so far, no problems, I love the dang thing, in fact if it wasn't small, metal and glass - I'd likely make love with it.. Cough...

Crummy humor aside,

It seems now for the last 3 or so times I can recall, the date as well as the time literally gets screwed up on it at random - it's ticking me off too! Another note is the timezone/region also changes from Halifax Canada to Halifax America..

Last night we had a power outage and I went to check the time, of course it says 7AM when I knew it was around 3:30-4:00 from what my laptop said before it's battery died (no joke, my house has no old fashion clocks, everything is digital in case you were wondering).

Anyone else have the slightest clue? I've tried deleting the sync history and backups, hoping it wasn't loading those on or something. Reformatting/restoring it is an option but I'd rather avoid it for the time being if there is no other option.

I'm on Windows (Maybe that's the problem.. lol) if it helps. Thanks.
  2. callum-m-r

callum-m-r New Member

I've replied to this question a couple of times.
    Are you leaving iTunes open when the computer is in stanby or hibernate? It doesn't like that, and then syncs the wrong time on to the iPod.
    Try closing and re-opening iTunes before syncing.
  3. B2TheEYo

B2TheEYo New Member

Never thought of that,

Thanks!

Will give it a shot.
  4. b1j4nt

b1j4nt New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If you sync your iPod to a computer that has the wrong time, then your iPod will also have the wrong time.
  5. gehjl

gehjl New Member

This had me going crazy for a few days. And yes that is the solution to it. Just make sure you close iTunes before you put the computer on standby or hibernate. Just reopen iTunes and resync.