My ipod going dead

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by amysandha22, Apr 18, 2009.

1. amysandha22

amysandha22 New Member

HELLO FRNDZ i bought a new ipod now its going dead

ipod touch 16 gb ,im going for jailbroking with my pc in ziphone process everyhing goes ok but in between my house power cuts and my pc shutdown
    now my ipod only show a screen as logo of aaple and then automatically going into booting mode plz tell me iis it ok or my ipod is dead
  2. RainbowKT

RainbowKT New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    go into dfu mode and restore and try again
  3. jlgm25

jlgm25 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    search how to put the iPod in DFU. do that. then restore the iPod in iTunes.
  4. Cheat_Code

Cheat_Code Member

Device:
    iPhone
    well ok:
    1. its not 3.0 jailbreak
    2. no just restore and if it wont then dfu it:
    Step 1: Hold down the “Home” button

Step 2: Hold down the “Standby” button

Step 3: When it says “slide to turn off”, ignore it. It should restart with a blank screen. Look at iTunes, and your device should be removed. Now lift the Standby button, while still holding onto the Home button.

Step 4: Keep holding the Home button until the iPod reconnects on iTunes. When the device shows up in iTunes, that’s when you’ll need to lift up your button. If you wait any longer, it will go into Recovery Mode, and that’s not what you want. Your iPod should be blank.

Step 5: Now iTunes will tell you that the iPod Touch is in Recover Mode. You can now perform a manual restore on it.

DFU Mode - The sound method (Windows ONLY! Alternative method)

For those Windows user, turn up your speakers.

You know when you connect something via USB, there's a sound that will ring? Use that sound as your cue.

Here's a variation:

Step 1: Connect to PC via the dock connector. Doesn't matter if iTunes is up or not.

Step 2: Hold Home button

Step 3: Hold Standby button

Step 4: When "Slide to turn off" appear, ignore it.

Step 5: Now you listen for the "USB out" sound. You should be able to tell if the device is disconnected from your PC. Now you can lift your Standby button. The screen should be blank.

Step 6: Now you listen for the "USB in" sound. You should be able to tell if the device is connected to your PC. Now you can lift your Home button. The screen IS STILL BLANK.

Step 7: If all goes well, your device should be blank and iTunes will launch by itself. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO TURN ON YOUR DEVICE (well, you can't do that anyway). You can now perform a manual restore.

You're now good to go!

DFU Mode - The bubble method (Windows ONLY! Alternative method)

Thanks to momott for this tip.

Here's the breakdown of the method. All you need to do is watch your computer. And you don't have to launch iTunes at all.

Update: I realised the bubble method don't work 100%. That's because, for the first time you entering DFU mode (on that computer), the bubble appears once. After that it does not appear anymore.

Step 1: Connect your iPod Touch via the dock connector

Step 2: Hold Home button

Step 3: Hold Standby button. A "slide to off" appear, ignore it.

Step 4: Your iPod should restart. Just keep holding the 2 buttons until you see in your windows, a bubble appear saying that your iPod Touch is in DFU mode.

3. SEARCH FIRST
  5. amysandha22

amysandha22 New Member

thx 4 reply but frndz it only show battrey mode nothing else happend
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    its showa (BSD root: md0,major 2, minor 0) again again...................
  6. MasterHacker

MasterHacker New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok, well you said you bought a new iPod Touch. It has to be 2G because thats the only one Apple sells now. Unless you bought it from like ebay or Amazon. Dont use ziphone, its only for 1.1.3 to 1.1.5(possibly earlier firmwares, idk.) If you have volume controls on the left side of your device then you have a 2G. What your gonna need to do is go to http://www.quickfreedom.com/ and download QuckFreedom. Once you have it downloaded, follow the steps. There will be a DFU helper inside QuickFreedom. Once you have your device in DFU mode, Click start pre jailbreak. Once that process has finished, open up itunes, then press the SHIFT button on your keyboard, and click on the RESTORE button at the same time. Set the little drop down menu to your Desktop, then double click on the firmware you created in QuickFreedom. Your iPod will begin restoring into a jailbroken state. The process could take up to 20 minutes or more, depending on how fast your computer is.

If that doesnt help, then the problem is you probably didnt go into DFU mode corectly. Just ask me if ya need more help. Your iPod isnt dead, just used the wrong program (ziphone..)
  7. amysandha22

amysandha22 New Member

thx MH for ur kind help i will tell one thing myipod is not 2g it is 1.1.5 and on that programm i used the Ziphone
  8. MasterHacker

MasterHacker New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok then, you have a 1G? Do you wanna upgrade to the latest 2.2.1 firmware first, then jailbreak? Or just stay on 1.1.5 and jailbreak?
  9. beefstrudel

beefstrudel Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    dude!
    dont use 1.1.5 haha!!!
    Use 2.2.1!!