My iPod freezes a lot, is it messed up?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by Antonio92, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Antonio92

Antonio92 New Member

• Immature or obscene comments
    Hello, my iPod used to freeze some times when
    it was 2.2.1 (e.g. after surfing the web for a few minutes it sudenly came back to springboard, or after some time using and application...

Now in 3.0 it happens more than before. After a little time using Safari it hangs up and it doesn't load pages anymore even though I close it and open again (have to restart the ipod) A lot of apps hang up after less time than used to freeze before... I'm quite worried about this. What's happening to my iPod? Is it actually f***ed up? :S
  2. wyndwarrior

wyndwarrior Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    It probably low on memory that's why ur apps keep on crashing. Just get this app called free memory from the app store or get SBSettings and kill all app processes in the background.
  3. rrm74001

rrm74001 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Try installing a fresh, non-jailbroken firmware using DFU mode. After doing so, do not install any apps from the AppStore. Only load music and videos. Use your iPod like that for a few days. If it starts happening, it is most likely a hardware issue, and you will have to get it repaired at your local Apple store.

If it stops happening, install your apps from the AppStore. Use your iPod like that for a few days. If it starts happening, one of your apps from the AppStore is causing the problem.

If it stops happening, jailbreak your iPod again using DFU mode. Load your music, videos, and apps from the AppStore. Do not install any jailbreak applications. Use your iPod like that for a few days. If it starts happening, there is something wrong with your jailbreak or one of the jailbreak applications.

If it stops happening, install jailbreak applications on your iPod. Use your iPod like that for a few days. If it starts happening, there is something wrong with your jailbreak, or one of the jailbreak applications.

If it stops happening, then I guess you fixed it

Please Register or Log in to view images

It is difficult to determine what is causing this issue unless you perform these tests.

@wyndwarrior: Nice avatar

Please Register or Log in to view images