My ipod fell in a pool

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by insidemann, Jul 12, 2009.

1. insidemann

insidemann New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I was listening to music by the pool(very badidea im an asshole), i stood up and my 2nd gen ipod fell in the pool for a good, 30 seconds i should say... went all the way to the bottom... so i freaked out and got it out and then like an asshole tried to turn it on about an hour later... it fell in the pool 3 days ago, and i tried again today, and it did not turn on... now, here is my other problem, my ipod is jailbroken so i dont really want to take it to the apple store unless everything is magically erased... so, any suggestions on what to do, and if i do goto the apple store... what do i say/do??

ANYTHING WILL HELP, IM JUST GOING CRAZY I LOVE MY IPOD!!! all suggestions will be greatly appreciated!.
  2. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

Put it in a bag of rice and im a airing cupboard.
  3. EvanTDM

EvanTDM New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    use alcohol on the tip of a q-tip then put it in the headphone slot and it ill do some sexy magic and get rid of the evidence that your ipod was ever in contact with water in the first place... then say it didn't work after an update or you went to turn it on one day and it didn't work.

then again i last saw this tip when only the first gen ipod touches were out so maybe apple fixed this but hey its worth a shot =/
  4. Evolutionize

Evolutionize New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i dove into a lake with mine. still worked after.
    i know it's natural instinct, but you shouldn't try turning it on right after. the water inside might damage the circuits.

anyways, put your entire iPod in a bag of rice or something. wait for a week or two, and pray for good luck.
  5. Ubeans2001

Ubeans2001 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    So i'm thinking iTunes doesn't read it, correct? Other than that you may be stuck here, if iTunes does read it just restore and take it to the apple store and tell them what happened.
  6. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    You could try that, or throw it in an oven for a while. And then take it in, and say it stopped working after an update.
  7. insidemann

insidemann New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    well idk if i should plug it into my pc or not? could still bbe wet, and i might damage it more, but thx wow ppl are helping already, i think im going to try the rice
  8. _JKK_

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    If the rice doesn't work, then throw it in the oven, and return it (if you can).
  9. insidemann

insidemann New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    This warranty does not apply

Please Register or Log in to view images

d) damage caused by acciedent, abuse, misuse, flood, fire, earthquake, or other external causes.

whatdo i say at the apple store if i happen to go there?
  10. _JKK_

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Yes, the warranty doesn't. But you can try to say it just wouldn't work after teh 3.0 update. Also, depending on where you bought it, you can just walk in with the receipt and they will exchange it.