iOS 4.0 My iPod Drivers.....

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by diego10, Aug 12, 2010.

1. diego10

diego10 New Member

i recently installed the latest itunes and tried to update my ipod touch to 4.0 os. but it says that i need to install the drivers? my ipod is stuck in recovery mode and in device manager my apple mobile drivers have a yellow exclamation point next to them. ive uninstalled these drivers and itunes and re-installed them countless times. my ipod isnt being recognized in my computer or itunes. when i plug in my ipod, a wizard pops up saying it has found new hardware, and it will help me install a new software, Apple Mobile Device (recovery mode), however whenever i try to install it, it says that it could not be found on my computer. i am about 2 seconds from throwing everything in the trash, someone please help!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. rrroach

rrroach Well-Known Member

Call Apple support?
  3. TakenAppleDownAPeg

TakenAppleDownAPeg Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    have you restarted your computer? What OS are you running? Have you tried removing itunes beyond just the uninstaller - restarted - then reinstall - restart - then try it?

Have you tried DFU?
  4. shamrock

shamrock Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    w8 i have had this problem too... uninstall apple related crap in this SPECIFIC order:
    iTunes
    QuickTime
    Apple Software Update
    Apple Mobile Device Support
    Bonjour
    Apple Application Support (iTunes 9 or later)

then just goto apple.com and download latest itunes and install it. reboot your computer and plugin the ipod touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

hope this help