My ipod crash when installing winterboard!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Gameaholic, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Gameaholic

Gameaholic New Member

OK well i finally got my ipod 2g fw 2.2.1 jailbroken, and then i went to cydia and search for winter board and then try to download it. all of a sudden (after the download) my ipod touch crash and screen went black. plug it in my computer/charger nothing happen. i set it to dfu mode and recover it. but why and how did this happen!!!!!!
  2. rafarquhar

rafarquhar New Member

It didn't crash. Winterboard requires a reboot, and the 2G (when jailbroken) cannot boot without using a computer. When you try to do it, the screen just appears black.

I don't know what you mean by "recover" but all you had to do was boot it.
  3. nitro90

nitro90 New Member

the exact same thing happend to me last night, its not letting me do anything, not even the hold the home and power button for 10 seconds then release the power button and continue holding the home button for 8 more. i hope we can fix them >_<
  4. espeorb

espeorb New Member

It's called a MANUAL freaking reboot baby. Have fun with your tethered jailbreak!
  5. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Why do you two respond to a week old thread?
  6. nitro90

nitro90 New Member

so wait, if i manually reboot my ipod then it should work? how do i do that then? lol
  7. ChrisFrancia

ChrisFrancia New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    a week isnt that long to w8 for help (on this forum its not at least) and the problem doesnt seem to hav been resolved

as for winterboard, it requires a patch which can be found here http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144509

and to answer what might be the next question heres a ssh tut http://www.ipodtouchhacks.com/ipod-touch/detailed-instructions-on-how-to-ssh/

also winterboard requires a respring i think but i could b wrong (reboot springboard i think it sed?)
  8. xX_HaCkZzZ_Xx

xX_HaCkZzZ_Xx New Member

This is exactly why people should wait for the untethered jailbreak
  9. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Actually, a week is pretty long. If your iPod wasn't responding, I'd think that you'd search until you found an answer, which wouldn't take a week.

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. iPod Touch™

iPod Touch™ Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch