my ipod after JB 1.1.3 = perfect

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by bluetiger20, Jan 25, 2008.

1. bluetiger20

bluetiger20 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    A Ray of Hope: My iPod after the Upgrade to 1.1.3 using the iBrickr JB.

So..... its taken me about 6 hours, but my iPod is nearly back to the EXACT condition it was before i took the plunge to 1.1.3

All my Apps are back (and working)
    Customize is up (and running)
    Summerboard is up (and running, but without Wallpaper)
    the App Pack I paid for from iTunes worked like it was supposed to
    All my Mail/Notes/Weather/Maps settings were saved and are working
    Maps doesnt do Hybrid tho, it just shows satellite
    Maps does do Locate, however
    Advanced Preferences are back up, and running
    iTunes Wi-Fi store now shows me my account balance (cuz of the gift cards)
    I have a separate iPod.app icon that will work with Customize (not like I will need it to!)
    The Wiggle thingy is funny, and when you delete apps, not everything is pushed over. It just leaves a blank hole... haha!
    I installed stuff by changing the firmware plist to 1.1.2 for stuff that required it, and then changed it back when done.
    oh, and SIP-VOIP 1.1 works..... like it used to. (mine never really worked right to begin with, but i got it back to the "same level' of functionality.
    and iPod Touch Fans WebIcon centers around the touch sign with the sun and the pointer.

MORAL OF THE STORY:

What are you waiting for? Jump for it! Unless there is a MUST HAVE app of yours that has been found to COMPLETELY NOT WORK on 1.1.3, id say go for it. you know this community if you have been around long: we will get it all fixed by the end of next week.

Oh, and yes: it is a PAIN to start from a hacked 1.1.2 with custom apps and stuff. Starting from blank 1.1.1 does sound like the best way to go. I was constantly frustrated with SEVERAL things. they all eventually panned out, but lots of worried moments and lots of OMG, i think i have to restore!

but i did it, and im safe and sound.

the only thing im missing is the custom carrier image, a wallpaper, and..... actually, thats it! hell, even the fake bluetooth icon works!

PM me if you have questions about stuff. hell if i actually know what im doing. but like most people who arent smart hackers, i know how to use the SEARCH button, and i generally find what i need. or i ask.
  2. zhuobing

zhuobing New Member

how can you backup your apps?
    many thx
  3. bluetiger20

bluetiger20 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I used SSH, and just copied the whole folder. but you can also use the USB method with Total Commander.

EDIT: Oh, you mean like make sure they are still there after the upgrade? Most of them will dissapear, but like i said, just SSH in and copy the folder. and then after you reinstall them after the upgrade, copy them back over them and set permissions!
  4. zhuobing

zhuobing New Member

that's the point~ thanks
  5. Yongkykun

Yongkykun Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I'm beginning to think that there's no point in jailbreaking my ipod, coz the risk factor is just too great, with the warranty problem and all, it seems simply to risky to me. Unless you guys make it sound that everything can go well after jailbreaking then I'll jailbreak my almost-virgin-state iPod Touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. bluetiger20

bluetiger20 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    UMMM... isnt that what this post just made mention to?

im livin the good life buddy. thats what im sayin. 1.1.3 works PERFECT For me. but its your choice to wait, do what makes ya happy.
  7. shuffle

shuffle Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    why dosent the wallpaper work? And so basically u still has custom icons and stuff?
  8. kappatango

kappatango New Member

If you havent done it yet, I would suggest JB'king to 1.1.2. Thats Pretty stable to be honest, the Apps have been designed and coded for that firmware and you can have the mobile mail / weather / stocks etc.

I am not risking a 1.1.3 until

a: Its worth it ( all apps working )
    b: Its been officially released for Ipod Touch.
  9. bluetiger20

bluetiger20 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    No clue why wallpaper doesnt work. im not a tech guy. i just read sh*t on here and tinker until done. and yea, i have my custom icons from whatever theme i choose. jst no wallpaper. and im assuming i cant change the dock, but i havent tried
  10. makaveldon04i

makaveldon04i New Member

then don't jail break LOL not like itll make a big difference. And to the thread poster , cookie for you since you luckily got 1.1.3 jailbreak. I'd wanna see an ss though