My iPhone is acting retarded! o_o

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Yarko, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Yarko

Yarko New Member

Ok, you're probably gonna laugh when you hear this, but my iPhone is for some reason going REEEEALLY slow.

I was updating 3 free apps from the app store (iMob, Paypal, and google), and instead of just waiting for them to update, I decided to scroll through the pages, open backgrounder (kirikae), and suddenly it froze or something?? and started going REALLY slow (just to unlock the screen, it takes about 2 minutes! Every time I press the digit for the code, it lights up and stays lit for like 10 seconds before entering it: yeah, that's how slow it is)

I re-started springboard, turned it on and off (its a tethered jailbreak, so I had to use blackrain), and the problem is still happening!!

I also tried running in safe mode (using that cydia app that brings up a window when you tap with two fingers on the top of the screen) and it ran WELL! In safe mode, it worked perfectly, but when I go back to normal mode, it's all slow!

Is there a way of fixing this without restoring?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Oh, and two of my apps are also gone o__O photos and settings It think! They're just not there!! And nothing took up their space, there's a transparent hole in their place! O_O god this is weird
  2. austers

austers Well-Known Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Do you have any free space on your iphone?!
  3. Yarko

Yarko New Member

Yes I do! It was working fine before I started updating apps...Maybe I have too many apps?
  4. austers

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You can have as many apps as you want, it shouldn't affect the speed, how much ram is your iphone using?! Maybe it could be that there are too many processes running or something?!
  5. Yarko

Yarko New Member

No, I was able to run kirikae and there aren't any! Plus, shouldn't it go away when you restart the phone? My problem continues even after the restart!
    Ok I just removed like 10 apps, and it's still slow as hell!
  6. austers

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Maybe it's a cydia app causing the problem then?!
  7. Yarko

Yarko New Member

I'm noticing that my available memory is slowly going down! Went from 115MB to like 90MB

Storage is 252MB on / 1192 MB on /var
    But I didn't install any new cydia apps... It could be though, since when you run in safe mode, all cydia apps are disabled, and in safe mode it works fine!
  8. Spudstabber

Spudstabber New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    This is what happened to me, only mine won't even run safe mode, it cannot get SBSettings open. It just resprings, and sometimes reboots itself.
  9. Yarko

Yarko New Member

Does anyone know the solution? I really don't want to restore! I had so many apps installed (from cydia)!
    PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

What I had to do was:

enter sbsettings --> more --> mobile substrate addons, and I disabled all of them!! Then I slowly re-enabled until finding the faulty app, and uninstalled it!

w00t!