My iPhone and no internet

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stmteam, Jan 17, 2009.

1. stmteam

stmteam Guest

Hi,

I've bought an iPhone and I am considering buying a seperate contract (am currently on PAYG). The contract is minimum of 30 days and is £9.99 a month, pretty good.

Unfortunately though I run apps which have annoying ads etc, how do I disable the Internet. I want to use 3G calls but without 3g internet, just using Wifi. See I want to keep Push Email on but it only to work on Wifi.

I tried changing Celluar Data Network Username, Password, Server but it still works!!! I really don't want to use the Internet but some apps call out to adverts and you end up paying big time, I don't want this. Does Roaming Charges "OFF" fix this?
  2. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

Jailbreak the phone, install BossPrefs from Cydia. open BossPrefs and turn EDGE off.

Roaming Charges Off disables all data when you're outside your country.
  3. stmteam

stmteam Guest

Jailbreak

First of all I'm already jailbroken, but I've heard the Edge toggle in SbSettings doesn't always work, there's an old edge toggle and a new Edge toggle. Besides, I'm using SbSettings. Toggling Edge off doesn't stop 3G though, so I can still use the Internet, not what I want.

Is there a non JB solution? I guess not, then again with Apple you are expected to have a data plan.