iPhone 4 My iPhone 4 Deleted All of My Photos

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iforget, Jul 19, 2010.

1. iforget

iforget Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Today, I took a screenshot of my calendar, exited the app, and opened up Photos. I was greeted with the "updating album" message. When it completed, all of my photos since my last sync had been deleted. I rebooted the phone--same deal. Any idea what I should do?

My phone gives me an "iTunes could not backup this phone -20" message every time I sync (I think I have to do a full restore). This means I lost all photos since I first restored my phone from a backup on June 24. Coupled with another issue (iTunes backed up my newly-restored 3GS over my fully loaded 3GS backup file), I've lost all images since sometime in May.

Great.

See here:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=10590814#post10590814
  2. omokas

omokas Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    You were pressing the Photos app wrong

Please Register or Log in to view images

Anyways, I feel sorry for your photos, I hope you find a way and get them again somehow, it sucks when you lose photos

3. iforget

iforget Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Thanks mate. Is there a way to inform Apple about this? I can tell it has happened to at least two users, so I expect it will happen to more in the future.
  4. rarisgod

rarisgod Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You should really consider syncing your photo albums with your computer. Since the iPod Touch doesn't have a camera, the only way I can get photos is from my computer, so they're always saved. But I sync them so no matter what, they're always in both places. I would recommend looking into this for the future.
  5. iforget

iforget Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    :O

Plugged into PC. Went to "<my iPhone's name> Camera" through My Computer. Pictures still don't show on my iPhone, but they were there! Hooray!

6. Psyko

Psyko Member

Next time you need help, please upload the image to imgur, tinypic or imageshack. Macrumors requires registration -____-
  7. eff3ctz

eff3ctz New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Get a case.

/jobs

Anyways, that sucks man. Have you ever backed up your iPhone? You can restore to a backup.