iPhone 3GS My iPhone 3GS Jailbreak isn't working properly

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by damalujordan, Dec 24, 2009.

1. damalujordan

damalujordan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I purchased an iPhone 3GS today. I'm on a Windows 7 PC. I went into iTunes, pressed Shift Restore, and installed the 3.1.2 firmware that I got from felixbruns. I downloaded the latest blackra1n from geohot's website to jailbreak it. I turned it off. When I turned it back on, I had a problem. I had the iTunes logo on my screen and I couldn't turn it back on unless I re-jailbroke it. I thought that was only supposed to happen with the 3rd Generation iPod Touch. What should I do? I don't want to re-jailbreak it every time it turns off. Also, I noticed something different about the latest version of geohot's blackra1n. Icy is no longer on it. It shows Cydia, Rock, and Sn0w.
  2. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Nope, this is what happens with the iPhone 3GS for now. It's called a tethered jailbreak, if you would have read more about the actual jailbreak you would've known this before-hand.

You'll have to "make it ra1n" each time you boot your device for now. If you can't live with this, just plug into iTunes, go to your iPhone page and click "Restore" just click it, not shift+click. This will restore you to a stock, default, completely original firmware specifically made for your generation iPhone.

Also, you could have downloaded a firmware for a different generation iPhone off the site, which could cause problems. I know on one site I used, it had one for the 3GS and the 3G...
  3. damalujordan

damalujordan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Yeah, I've read about the tethered jailbreak. However, I thought that it was only tethered for the 3rd generation iPod Touch. I thought it was untethered for the iPhone 3GS. Am I wrong to think this?
  4. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    I just told you, it's tethered for the iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 3G and some iPhone 3G's depending on their batch.
  5. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

becareful when installing certain stuff from Cydia on a tethered 3GS. My moms Wi-Fi completely stopped working after I jailbroke and allowed Cydia to download packages to its GUI. Just a warning.
  6. JackEdw

JackEdw New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    How would an iPhone change settings on a Wireless Box.

Please Register or Log in to view images

It stopped because of something else, not the iPhone
  7. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    He might be talking about the WiFi to the iPhone itself. This happened with my friends iPhone 3GS too...
  8. keypox

keypox New Member

Crap i just bought iphone 3gs to unlock i thought the original blackrain could do it with no tether.
  9. ThatGEEKFreak

ThatGEEKFreak Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    I got my 3G S by luck, I went to T-Booth instead of the official Rogers store in the mall and I got handed an old 3G S, muahahah it's untethered. As for the rest of you I hope there is an untethered jailbreak for you very soon. It's really worth it even tethered as long as you stay away from apps that require a restart while your away from a computer.
  10. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    I second this. When my iPhone 3G went for a swap, they sent me a 3GS by mistake, and I used it until they told me they made a mistake and wanted it back, I tethered it and went for a 20KM bike ride, 13KM into it I got a flat... Well, I went to go make a call and the phone shut off. I had a nice walk home, I was in the middle of no where...

Please Register or Log in to view images