iPhone 3G My iPhone 3G refuses to jailbreak.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RoYaLx, Oct 19, 2009.

1. RoYaLx

RoYaLx Member

Device:
    HTC One
    I am running blackra1n on both my windows and mac based computers. In both cases, the program will either hold on "running" or "entering recovery" and the iphone will show the connect to itunes screen. The phone is running 3.1.2 and is currently stuck on the connect to itunes screen but is not even showing up in itunes. I am currently using my windows xp computer. Any tips?
  2. myadb7

myadb7 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    is urs the "updated" 3G 8GB, coz mine is and i have the exact same problem
  3. Pandawg

Pandawg Community Development

This might sound stupid, but did you update your carrier? If you did restore and try again. I had the same problem, restored didn't update my carrier, and it worked.
  4. RoYaLx

RoYaLx Member

Device:
    HTC One
    It is the 3G 16GB, not the 3GS. It has carrier profile 5.6. Do I have to do the restore to 5.5?
  5. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Almost all iPhone 3G users are having this problem, my friend. I'm having it with mine, and we have the exact same model but my carrier settings are 5.1 I think? It hasn't offered anymore updates through Rogers yet.

I nearly bricked my phone though, as much as everyone wants to argue with me, I did, so watch yourself and stop tinkering with it until a new tool or updated version comes out...
  6. RoYaLx

RoYaLx Member

Device:
    HTC One
    I would agree. In the US the most recent carrier update is AT&T 5.6 ... can that possibly block the jailbreak?
  7. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    The carrier updates have nothing to do with the actual jailbreak from my understanding bro, but I mean you never know what they could hide in those 'updates'. Regardless, I have a feeling it's the tool that's the problem.... Redsn0w can do the jailbreak in 3.0 no problem, with all 3G users.
  8. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    If you have a mac what is wrong with using Pwnagetool to jailbreak? Can't that not do the 3G?
  9. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Yeah, use Pwnage Tool and create the custom IPSW then do a restore with it, and then sync to your XP machine, because I'm guessing you use your XP machine/partition for your sync?

Anyway... That was a good suggestion.
  10. RoYaLx

RoYaLx Member

Device:
    HTC One
    I have the XP based computer right next to my iMac

Please Register or Log in to view images

. The only reason I use it is for windows based applications because I could not get Boot Camp to work for some reason. Pwnagetool crashes when I try to open it (I am on OS X 10.6.1 if that matters) so are there any other alternatives to blackra1n and pwnagetool that can jailbreak 3.1.2?