iPhone 3G My iPhone 3g Battery Life

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kidchop, May 18, 2010.

1. Kidchop

Kidchop Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I have always been the guy who needs battery life. Before i stayed away from JB as i got 2days good battery on 3.1.3 however after a month of JB it has deteriorated and lasts about 12-24hrs on standby which is not pratical.

Today my battery dropped nearly 30% in the space of two hours. I played music for 20mins and the rest was on standby. I have most things turned off; wifi, 3g, low brightness, bluetooth, location, ssh, keepawake, rotation etc. I even turned off unnecessary mobile substrates including Activator, backgrounder however i have Glovepod, Adblock, My3g/wi, Pref loader, Springboard access, Winterboad, libhide and shrink still on.
    Also i have 5 pages full of apps if that makes a difference with 11GB filled out of 16GB. I have had the iPhone for 15Months now

What can i do to improve battery life as of right now its terrible
  2. stanleybridgeboy

stanleybridgeboy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    You know, this is the exact same reason I'm back on a stock firmware. When I went back to stock, I got my battery life back.

My old iPhone 3G's battery was toast weeks after a jailbreak, I was running too much... Luckily I restored, called Apple/Rogers and they sent me out a swapper.. For free.
  3. Kidchop

Kidchop Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I bought my iphone like 15months ago so would they still do it and i live in the UK if that makes a difference lol