My Insight on the iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by SilentWalker, Jan 31, 2010.

1. SilentWalker

SilentWalker Retired Moderator

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I just downloaded and finished watching the Apple Keynote from iTunes, and I have to say I was blown away from certain aspects of the iPad.

But first, I must mention that before I watched the Keynote, I was rather skeptical about the iPad. It just seemed like a bigger, scaled up iPod running on a modified iPhone OS; and I was hugely disappointed that it did not run a version of OSX. Personally, it seemed like a definite NO BUY.

However, the Keynote emphasized certain points that were not really paid attention to, and I think Apple should have made these their bigger selling points.

The first and by far the biggest is iWork. Now I have never used a Mac or any Mac software in my life...and so I have only used MS Office for word processioning, etc. But to see iWork in action on the iPad totally blew me away. The interaction and integration with each element was so defined - the multitouch gestures to handle different objects, the transitions, the different keyboards, everything! It was amazing to me...to see functionality we never got in MS Office on this device. And it all ran so smooth and sleek!

Another thing was the prospect that this iWork suite was optimized, or rather somewhat rebuilt for the iPad! I was disappointed when I heard that the iPad would run App Store apps because it took my mind off the fact that there would be much better apps designed specifically for the iPad. If developers can create apps similar to the quality of iWork, and the Contacts and Calendar app, I would be delighted!

And you can view the web in full screen! It's not a biggie for me but it's still cool.

There's so much potential for this thing...and I think Apple only scratched the surface with iWork. So much good graphics with games, and there's much more to come I hope. If I wasn't saving up for a MacBook Pro, I might actually consider buying this.

But the only thing that would stop me is if it could or could not be jailbroken. If it can and we could get multitasking on this device, then I would be totally sold. Because then this would give almost everything a netbook can give, plus more! And no, I don't care for flash.
  2. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    i want thsi very badly for school. and the image editors im guessing will come over time
  3. SilentWalker

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yea I'm pretty sure you can get an app with PS functionality to run flawlessly on it
  4. ¡Will¡

¡Will¡ New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Nice insight, I can see it's well thought out and it really shows. Thanks, really enlightened my day

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. SilentWalker

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks

. Your reply enlightened my day
  6. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Seeing as Adobe won't make a proper Photoshop version for iPad, I have high hopes for Pixelmator.
  7. SilentWalker

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ^Wow...it does look awesome!
  8. ShizerMonkey

ShizerMonkey Banned

Device:
    iPad
    I agree with everything you have said ! Now just to shift my powerbook to fund up for this baby

!
  9. wat.

wat. New Member

Device:
    iPad
    As a developer, I can't wait. The Touch and iPhone are great - but limited. The iPad takes away a lot of those limitations. Particularly size. With a 10" screen, there's so much more that can be done.

I can't wait to start doing artwork on it. A Web Design app like iWeb would be amazing as well.