My HORRIBLE Apple Store Experience!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nixter666, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Nixter666

Nixter666 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This was one of the WORST purchases i have EVER made. This happened 8/14/09
    Okay, so my day started out great, thinking yay! I get to go get my new iphone 3Gs Today!
    So I drive to the apple store at around 12.
    I get to the apple store, it is PACKED!
    I could barely get to the checkout desk. I asked the lady at the counter if they have any 32gig Black iPhone 3Gs. She said yeah, and grabbed one. I said how much is it without contract. She said $890. I was like :O Uhmmm Noo, I'm pretty sure it's not. But I just forgot about it, and thought I might as well get a contract with AT&T so I don't have to unlock it. So I bought it with a contract and of course I have the Warranty. So I go home with the box in the seat next to me, eager to open it. I get home, and RUN inside with the box. I sit at my bar and rip off the plastic around the box, pull of the top carefully, and stare at my...WHAT?!? CRACKED SCREEN!?! So I get almost furious, I take the box get back in the car, and drive BACK to the crazy apple store. I get there and push through the crowd of people, open the box in front of the woman and say, I just bought this 45 minutes ago, I got home, opened it, and the screen was cracked. She started talking about warranty crap, even though this is the same woman who sold it to me, she asked about the warranty at least 6 times. She was looking at me like I was retarded, so I asked to see someone smarter (haha, I'm a **** when it comes to my iDevice) so another guy came to the counter and asked what was wrong, I showed him the iPhone and told him what happened. He said, I'm sorry, you should have opened it while you were still in the store, there is no way to tell if you dropped it or something. So I nearly flipped out on this guy, telling him I JUST bought it. So I just walk out of the store, go home and call apple. I called 3 people, one of them recommended suing...(haha, I know, he's gonna get f***ing firedd!) the other two said nothing could be done. I will NEVER buy from the apple store directly again. Horrible service. I would rather buy used from craigslist.

Does anybody have a worse story? I hope somebody does, so my epic failure doesn't seem so bad,

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. coop777

coop777 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I had a similar issue with the purchase of applecare...was able to buy it after warranty expired but when I went to activate apple refused because it was out of warranty and when I tried then to return the box of cardboard with a piece of paper in it they tried to say that because I opened it that I couldn't return it..

Ended up disputing the purchase with my credit card co and got my $ back. You might want to see if you have any recourse there.
  3. Spartigus

Spartigus New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I gues you learned an important lesson lol. I used to work in a console games store. Most people checked products infront of us after purchase.

You cant sue either because technically the apple store is following the law.

Maybe take it home, leave it for a few weeks, then take it back and say it overheated and the screen cracked. 3GS are known to overheat.
  4. Kid Dynomite

Kid Dynomite New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ouch man that really sucks they should believe you that it had a cracked screen, and that is poor apple store qualtiy to no be delicate with there products.
  5. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    That sucks to the max, no doubt. I would be furious. However, you can't expect them to believe you. I'm sorry. I can't I would believe you 100% if I were an Apple Store employee either.

Sadface nonetheless

6. The7thWitness

The7thWitness New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    What would he get from lying to us about a cracked screen? I believe him. Ive never opened my products in the store but now I will start doing that.
  7. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Sorry, I meant in the hypothetical situation where I am an Apple Store employee.
  8. ipodmail09

ipodmail09 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    feel sorry for you man
  9. Alok

Alok New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    oooh that sucks man

Try to sell it on ebay, tell att you lost the phone? rebuy and you also have extra $$$?

Anyways, good thing I let the guy at the Apple Store open mine to activate it, luckily everything worked out smoothly for me. I had to wait in line for 20-30 minutes, lol I was the only kid in line for it. I went exactly 1 month after release, yet I still had to wait x_x

10. The7thWitness

The7thWitness New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ohhh okay it makes sense now.