My Hello - Regarding Impressions

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by AlphaPrime, Dec 25, 2007.

1. AlphaPrime

AlphaPrime New Member

Hello,
    My Name is Andrew, I am not a forum troll, but I do have experience. I use these as highly valuable resources to problems I have in the real life. I am halfway between the oblivious end user and the amazing pro user. I am a noob to the pros and elite to the tecno-illiterate. In other words, I implement the solutions the smart people create for the gain of myself and am forever grateful. I also create solutions based of of pre-created solutions to better suit my own needs. Thus is the case with the iPod Touch, and Installer.app. I don't know the first thing about programming, but I grasp the idea of every concept that plays into this iPod, if someone is willing to teach me. This is the problem, at first glance, the novices see what the elites of a community are doing, their eyes gloss over, they loose interest and when the elites want to tell them about their work, the disinterested people simply shrug off the valuable information. This is a self-reciprocating cycle (redundant) that only leads to dissatisfaction and a feeling of disconnect within a community. The first step is to listen, second, to understand, and the third, to teach in order to master. I learn through trial and error. I do amazing when I have limitless amounts of time and a deep resource I want to learn about. I do not do well if there are small margins of error and the outcome could be very negative. I try to be humble but to also state what is on my mind, and I firmly detest it when someone who has no idea what they are talking about attempts to lecture me on any given topic, even if I don't know about it either. I also don't like the unnecessary use of smilies, but thats just my personal preference. Also judging by what you have just read, I am long winded so I apologize for length. Why am I telling you this? I believe in a strong first impression, hence the title of my thread. I have found a certain pattern in my life, I only remember the names and identities of people who have made any sort of impression on me. It could be good, it could be bad, it could be me thinking you are the greatest person who has ever walked the face of this planet, or the worst scum that has walked on this planet. But the worst thing to do is for me not to remember you, because that means you have not made an impression, whether it be good or bad, so I don't remember you. Thank you for welcoming me to your board and I hope to give and receive much information.
  2. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

Hello and welcome. You might find some useful information about application developement in the iPod touch Developers section of the forums.