My Guess: The key Zibri leaked is about iPoT Bluetooth!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by alex_sas, Jan 30, 2008.

1. alex_sas

alex_sas New Member

2. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Not this again.

The Touch has no Bluetooth. Period. This was established months ago through a complete teardown. What you are looking at is the BIOS on the Touch -- the core set of functions available to the device before Darwin (The iPhone/Touch variant of OS X) is installed. It is the same BIOS -- the exact same BIOS taken straight from the iPhone. The presence of the Bluetooth settings icon is just a remnant of that fact. It does not do anything on the Touch.
  3. upd

upd New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Oooo I want the BIOS screen! How'd he do that >.> ??
  4. Vision_Again

Vision_Again New Member

Device:
    iPad
    sry try searchin next time
  5. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

It was shipped to him that way; a few evidently sneaked past the assembly line without Darwin installed.
  6. upd

upd New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Lame...Yeah I took IPTH's post as directed toward me and went out on Google to search for it after looking through the forums for quite some time. >.<

Any way to...uh...get rid of Darwin...just...so...I could mess around with the BIOS screen?

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. alex_sas

alex_sas New Member

look at http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/iPod/iPod-Touch/130 for full details. Here are some lines from this page:

"We did not find the CSR Bluetooth chip that the iPhone has. However, there are several Apple-branded chips that we didn't identify, so we cannot completely rule out the presence of a Bluetooth chip.
    From what we are told, a Bluetooth antenna (if it existed) could be integrated into a PCB like this one, making identification difficult. The 'RF1UB' marking on the back of the board indicates that it's been designed for RF, and probably tested at frequency. So, while we don't see evidence of a Bluetooth antenna, we cannot rule out its existence.
    To make it perfectly clear: We cannot confirm nor deny the presence of Bluetooth in this device."
  8. gollyzila

gollyzila New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    he's right. it could or doesnt have bluetooth. i dont think theres anyone out there that wants to try and see if they could activate it (if it does have BT) by software or hardware. i personally have found bluetooth files on my touch using mobile finder, but have no idea if there is a way to tamper with it and activate BT(if it does have BT)
  9. badhairdude

badhairdude New Member

ipodtouch OS is like the iphone OS so people say they are just files left over..
  10. toomuchcaffeine

toomuchcaffeine New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Lol! The key zibri leaked is some sort of authentication key for apps made with the SDK. There isn't really much confusion about what the key is for.