my gameboy4iphone doesnt work!!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by nosferatu387, May 2, 2009.

1. nosferatu387

nosferatu387 New Member

dude so i have well HAD gameboy4iphone i had 2.0.0 version worked great!!! i was on pokemon red all day lol but when i went to cydia i downloaded 4.0.0 and now it doesnt work! i was so far in the game aaahhh lol but is worse is when i click it it turns the screen black and then 3 seconds later back to my apps wtf?!?! so its really frustrating i emailed zodttc whatever theres called asking them to please add the older version the beta version anything!!! so if anyone knows how i can get that version back to my ipod touch please help me my email is nosferatu387@gmail.com where i can download it thru comp or ipod sont matter i just want the beta version please help thank you!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. steve19137

steve19137 New Member

ok. heres the thing. when you updated from 2.0 to 4.0, the new 4.0 wouldnt support the old 2.0 save files. that may or may not be true, but thats basically what happened to me.

now why it crashes. it seems that there are system resources taken up, or it has the wrong permissions set. if you can, get to the gb4iphone.app folder and change the permissions to accept everything. that should make things ok. if it doesnt, then you need to try to find the older version online. be specific in your search criteria. that will give you less results, but they will be more refined. but what ever you do, DONT UNINSTALL IT FROM CYDIA!!!!! that will result in a loss of all your files from the saves to the actual pokemon red.gb file. to safely remove it from cydia, backup all the game files that you need, then uninstall the emulator from cydia, put in the on you downloaded from whereever, set the right permissions (usually 777), then ake the GAMEBOY folder in the /media/ROMS/, then put your saves and game files back where they came from. that should do it for you. let me know if it works.
  3. shadowtrainer02

shadowtrainer02 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    can someone post a link for the 4.0.0 download? I liked the sped-up pace.

thanks in advance