My Free iPod Touch - The Source (Radio Shack)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by steeped, Apr 14, 2008.

1. steeped

steeped New Member

So I have always owned an iPod as I bought it from Apple, but my sister as well wanted an iPod Touch, so I went to the Source as the store was had it on sale for 20% off and saw they only had one left which was inside the glass on display.

So I asked them for it but they said it didn't come with a box and no headphones. So I wasn't about to buy it because the iPod headphones themselves cost $40. So anyways, I asked the lady if they can make me a deal because it just wasn't worth buying, especially because it collected a lot of dust inside that glass casing. So she said one second and punched numbers into their computer.

The lady then looked at me, then looked back the computer and then looked at me again. "one second" she said. She went and called over her manager, and he looked at the computer and punched in some numbers, and then after a few seconds, he was like "OK, sell it to him for that price."

The lady looked at me and said "well, according to our computers, it says its 96 cents." I looked at the manager and he had a smirk on his face. He told me this happened to him before, as he bought a digital camera for $20 which was really worth $700.

So I gave the lady a $5 bill and she gave me back the money in quarters. When I went to catch the bus, I took out the quarters and saw she actually gave me back $5.25 in change...

When I was about to leave the store, the manager came back to me and was holding the iPod case with headphones. In the end, they really had the case in the back the whole time. Well they already made the sell to me so they couldn't ask me for the refund, so instead he just gave me the case which had the headphones.

So I bought an iPod Touch from the Source AKA Radio Shack, and made 0.25.

Edit: Attached Receipt

Attached Files:

2. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

wow
    that's wierd
    why 96 cents
  3. Shade

Shade New Member

Nice! Go back and get one then ship it to me

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. drkassassin

drkassassin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    interesting story
    also in your sig if your gonna call skylar a douche atleast spell it right
  5. you can spell it either way. Its the same. but making 25cents hahahahahahahahahaha
  6. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hah, that is really weird, and funny. But mostly weird.

Why would it only cost 96 cents?
    Also, what was the condition of the iPod? Could you notice it was sitting in a glass case?
  7. steeped

steeped New Member

Becuase it was the last one, on display and without a case and headphones + % off, they were going to give me more of a savings, but after typing in whatever they were typing into the computer, for some reason the total price came out to 96 cents. I have the receipt, should I bother to scan it in?
  8. influence

influence New Member

makes me want to pop over to the local "source" and see if i can also swing a deal like that since those prices are generally set by "home office" which generally applies to all stores in an area
  9. steeped

steeped New Member

"The Source" is the Canadian version of Radio Shack. Also, as I stated, iPod's aren't just 96 cents. They just had a computer error or something of that sort once they punched in the savings for the iPod being package-less and open on display.
  10. BMANZZS

BMANZZS New Member

Yeah you should scan it. I wanna see it.