My first & only post re Case For iTouch 3 32 gb

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by J23, Mar 3, 2010.

1. J23

J23 Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Hello all. Great forum. To the point : I have looked @ every case link & review but have been unable to find the "perfect" case. Ideally I am looking for a dual indoor/outdoor combo. Silicone or polycarbonate for back coverage and grip. For outdoor or when docking the touch a hardshell of any material that covers the screen.

I am okay with having an indoor and outdoor case. So if this is the only option suggestions on the indoor/casual use and travel outer styles would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again for such a fine forum. I have already learned a great deal regarding the iTouch that has enriched my experience for this wonderful device.

Regards,
    J23
  2. jawang26

jawang26 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Try Switch Easy Rebel or Neo cases, I bought an ideal case gel case and a switcheasy rebel and I have to say only use the rebel. Offers exceptional protection, looks good and comes with a lot of extras. I would recommend the neo touch over the rebel though check em out hope that helps (dont really like silicone cases : tend to get stuck in the pocket when trying to pull it out, dont like hard plastic cases usually scratch back of ipod touch not alot of shock drop protection) hope that helps
  3. J23

J23 Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    I have looked at the switcheasy cases and they seem to be the clear front runner for iTouch cases. The only thing that I am unable to discern is what kind of protection they offer for the front. I don't want to use a screen protector, like invisishield, but I would like to have something that when I go out, it has a "case" as it were for the front of the device. Something along the line of a glasses case without the hinges, but just with an optional attachable front piece. Does anything switcheasy offers have that? Or do you know of any reputable company that does?

Thanks for responding to thread,
    J23
  4. bjf1967

bjf1967 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I got my case off the famous auction site. I really like it. It is a flip top made of leather. Has a leg that snaps close to the back that can be unsnapped to stand it up on it's own. The flap has 2 small magnets that holds it down nicely. All for less than $10. I would recomend this type of case. The ones mentioned above might give a little more drop protection, but this one also protects the front.

Bill
  5. jawang26

jawang26 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    The switcheasy one comes with a screen protector but its a film thingy, it actually comes out a lil over the screen so if it were to fall face down on the screen it would touch the ground. I know they make a clip or holster for it where the face is protected and the back is exposed but you have to check online for compatible ones, but so far from my gf's silicone cases, gel cases and my switch easy the switcheasy wins hands down in terms of drop protection. It might be a bit hard to find something that specific I havent seen any cases that have an optional front faceplate that comes off only ones with or without it.
  6. J23

J23 Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Thanks

Thanks to those who responded to the thread. I figured that the case I was looking for did not actually exist. I will buy a leather case (Incipio makes a very nice case for the zune that I owned. Some of you might want to check them out for Touch) for the outdoor mega protection, but I have decided to go with the Switcheasy *******. I had my eye on that one or the Neo. The Neo seemed a tad over the top for my needs but I might change my mind. Anyhow I will post re my experience with the *******.

Regards,
    J23
  7. J23

J23 Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    ******* Case Arrives!

My Switcheasy case arrived this morning. Considering I ordered it late Thursday I feel this was exceptional delivery. No brokerage charge. Although I am not a fan of screen guards seeing as SE gave me 2 free ones I tried it out. I have to say that it is a very nice screen guard.
    There is no sense of there being an overlay with the screen. I 'm going to keep it on for while & see how that goes.
    As for assembling the *******, well that could not have been more straight forward. Done in under 2 minutes and I was being very careful. The case fits very tight. Wrapping around the touch enough to have a few mm of cushion for additional screen protection. The T plastic backbone snapped on effortlessly. That is all. It looks great. Feels great. I am throughly impressed with this case and highly recommend it for iTouch.

Regards,
    J
  8. Jodious

Jodious New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Good I was going to say since it's a ipod touch you will want something to flip over it for easy access other then that then you would just have to rely on the voice command it offers.

How is that case working for you?
  9. J23

J23 Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Hi. The case is excellent. I did post a mini review just above your q in the thread.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Regards,
    J23
  10. PurpleGatsby

PurpleGatsby New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I just got a case for my iPod touch, it was made by a company called iFrogz. The case itself is the "luxe" series.

I think it's very nice.It's a hard case, but the inside has pieces of felt, in between the case and the ipod, so it's not plastic on metal. Even though it's a hard case, the outside is coating in this, smooth rubbery substance. I think it feels smoother than regular silicon cases.

Here Check it out: http://ifrogz.com/products.php?cat=460