My first Ipod touch.....what can I do???

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kabs996, May 12, 2009.

1. kabs996

kabs996 New Member

I just got one for Mother's Day and plan to use it for a long trip overseas. What exactly can I utilize on it other than the music while up in the air? Obviously I wont get internet connection. Would I be able to rent a movie from the app??? Will I be able to access the app store without internet connection?
    Any other ideas to keep me busy on the long flight with it?
    Thanks
  2. NumNum

NumNum New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Download stuff BEFORE you go on the trip. Apps, Movies, Songs, just stock up so you don't get bored
  3. Southern

Southern New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    a game called baseball superstars will keep u busy

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Games like Bejeweled 2, UNO, Crash Nitro Racing, Fastlane, Scrabble, Word Warp, and Labyrinth will DEFINITELY keep you busy on your long trip...

Those were the games that I played during my 8-plus hours flight from Melbourne to Kuala Lumpur last weekend, in addition to those in-flight ones!

5. The Crow

The Crow Banned

Touch, shouldn't you call her Sheila since she got the iPod on Mother's Day?

6. Noise...

Noise... Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    If there's no internet available, get everything BEFORE you leave. Apps, music, movies, etc.

If you're tech-savvy, jailbreak it for more functionality - if not, stick with the normal firmware.
  7. kabs996

kabs996 New Member

How do i get movies on it? I have no idea how to use this thing. Do i have to buy them?? there was no owners manual that came with this and im new to ipod. thanks
  8. pooffck

pooffck Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Go on ITUNES on ur pc and pay for movies simple. There are illegal ways but i am not gonna mention them.
  9. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    You can download them on the iTunes store on your computer. You can convert any movies that you already own with one of many free tools. You can download YouTube movies using one of hundreds of options (I use tooble). Install apps through the app store. Many are free. You can download podcasts for free through iTunes on the computer or the iPod as long as you have a wifi connection. And, of course, there's music.
  10. RoYaLx

RoYaLx Member

Device:
    HTC One
    Congrats on your new iPod Touch!

Some games I would recommend are Bejeweled 2, Cube Runner, BubbleWrap,iCopter, Tetris, Zombieville USA, and JellyCar, especially if you are going on a trip. They will occupy you for hours.

If you will not have access to WI-FI, make sure you sync everything before you go.

If you jailbreak, get whirlwind21. It is amazing!