My first iPod : 2G 32gb VS 3G 32gb VS 3G 64gb

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by DemonIced, Sep 10, 2009.

1. DemonIced

DemonIced Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    First of all, I searched in the other threads and none would answer my questions or would represent my situation so here I am.

I'm in a bit of a dilemma and I need your help.

I don't have an iPod and this will be my first one and I don't know if I should buy a 2g 32 Gb Touch, a 3g 32 Gb Touch or a 3g 64 Gb Touch.

The thing is I have huge Music collection (about 500 Cds and about 10 Gb+ of music on my PC) and I'll probably put most of it (but surely not all) on my iPod.

I live in Canada and here the 3G only come out on Sept 15th and most stores have a sale for the 2G (289.95$ CAN for a 32gb), the 3G 32gb will be 329.99$, the 64gb will be 429.99$.

I plan on listening to a lot music (evidently), play a lot of games and possibly put on some movies (but that's not a priority), but I'm also a university student so cash is also a little concern.

At first I wanted the 64gb since I need a lot of space, but then I asked myself if it was really worth the 150$ difference with the 2G 32gb. So I thought that I would buy a 2G since they're in sale and doesn't have that much hardware difference with the 3G. But then again, I thought of the processor upgrade and the OpenGL support and asked myself if it was worth it since I want to play games (even though I'm not really sure what OpenGL does). So I wondered if I should wait until Sept 15th and pay 40$ more than the 2G 32gb to get the 3G 32gb for the processor upgrade and OpenGL support. (but still I know that I probably won't be able to store all my music on that 32gb).

And I want to be able to keep my iPod for a couple of years since it's still a lot of $$$.

So any help would be appreciated.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. fabdn

fabdn New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    if i were u i would (and i indeed WILL) get the 3g 32gig OR a refurbished (!) 2g 16gig
    the price of the refurb (refurbished apple products are just like new ones) 32gb is just outstanding.
    on the other hand if ur willing to spent a little more money i'd get the 32gig 3g as u get quite a lot of memory for your money and you'll be able to use pretty much any appstore software now and in future! thtats worth a lot. u dont know how annoying it is to run appstore games at like 10 fps -.- (i used to have a 1g -.-)
  3. DemonIced

DemonIced Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I might do this. Now in my head, it's more between the 3G 32gb and 3G 64gb...

Any other opinion?
  4. v1dz

v1dz New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I would suggest you go for the 3rd Generation one.. 32GB/64GB solely depends on your usage..

Quoting from my another thread reply
    You don't want to see yourself using a 2G version nxt year while the 4th Generation is out which is a better upgrade to 3rd gen .. If you get a 3rd Gen now, you be happy atleast you didn't be that foolish to buy a older one when a newer one with almost same price is available.. (rather a killer deal)
  5. DemonIced

DemonIced Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Great thanks!

Now I have to decided weither I buy a 32gb or a 64 gb one....

6. Gorillatouch

Gorillatouch New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    It's entirely up to you but being another person with a large library I would suggest the 64GB if you can afford it. The way I see it is if you get the lower capacity and could have the option for a higher capacity you will inevitably regret the fact that you didn't get the 64GB
  7. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you're going to keep it for a long time, then try going for the 64 Gig, unless you're not going to keep building up videos and music over time.

Edit: Nevermind, just noticed you said you were a University student. Go for the 32 gig. You can just transfer your movies out when you want.
  8. iTorment

iTorment Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    This man speaks the truth, i always regretted not getting a 32 gb touch and chose a 16gb. while the 16 was great, i was constantly worried about filling it up, now that i have a 32gb, that feeling is not as bad.
  9. v1dz

v1dz New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hmm.. here again just a suggestion.. Go for 32GB, its like u get a 64GB but whats the use if the battery drains off in few apps, surfing, songs and movies?? The device isn't meant for sch big space.. the usage still wud remain the same . battery is the same. .

The decision is still upto you, a 64GB is like u wud turn ur iPod touch into a storage device and you don't wanna do that, it would b like you would see yourself scrolling through your collection just being mentally satisfied ( horaay! i have enuf space 2 fit in 10K+ songs and 10+hrs video! And still got Apps!)..
    hehe..
    and think abt ur future upgrade, surely sometime later u wud b upgrading.. (trust me if thats nt in ur mind, later on you would have this tingling ur mind all the time).. so its good for now 2 fit in the 32gigs..

Let us know whts ur final decision...
  10. DemonIced

DemonIced Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Interesting arguments, I will keep them in mind.

So if I have more stuff on my Touch it's drains the battery faster? Does it make it slower too?